1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

This little Nugget arrived Today!

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by EZDog, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

Not sure about this. When I started work, I was told that an engineer can do for 5 shillings what any fool can do for £5. Looking at costs, I'd say this might be the opposite.

ox71 likes this.
  2. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

Sorry to bust a bubble here. But the fundamental shape of the shaft defeats the purpose of the added length. Being square it is incapable of entering recessed area that would be much easier with even a cheap bit driver. Just take a caliper and measure the width diagonally from corner to corner.... At $80 its quite beautiful...functional...not so much. And only 3 total bits...yea, not worth it. You can get a Kershaw OHO knife with a full hex bit driver with better geometry for under $30.

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

You sure do not seem too sorry?

Glad you are passing judgement on this one with no actual hands on time with one at all too?

I am satisfied and it is plenty strong and versatile for my use.

Fishin Fool and Busmech like this.
  4. HappyGilmore

The brand quality is beyond doubt. Quite high...however, the dimensions of the extender are now known. I’ve also asked them directly about it. It is wider (due to square shape) than the rounded bit drivers. Recessed screws are not reachable with this tool in the majoriy of instances relating to toys and electronics. It has the same issue as the Bitbar, Bitvault, etc. The shape of the fold out extender needed to be a thin round piece if they seriously wanted it to function as a dedicated screwdriver replacement. I can load up a Bitvault with 3 extra long bits and have better reach in tight areas than this. Its not opinion, its just geometry. That being said, its certainly the best looking pocket screwdriver out there.

xevious likes this.
  5. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Looks is everything. Isn't it?
    Anyhow, after 4 weeks in the mail without tracking updates, it suddenly dumped into my mail box. Just in time for christmas.
    And who doesn't want to have a good looking screw driver ready when the kids start opening presents with toys that need urgent assembly?
    Yeah, well, we'll see. This could be my christmas EDC, it is today at least

[​IMG]

RED-FIVE, twin63, xevious and 2 others like this.
  6. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

lots of edc items out there look really great and no doubt for some, work for their purpose.
    this bit driver just doesn't do it for me.
    I have to admit that when I first saw it, I definitely wanted it. after all, it looks fantastic, is compact and is usefull.
    for everyday carry, I just do not see it being more usefull than my explorer or pioneer X and it costs way more than can justify it's usefulness.
    for the the same reasons I would not buy that magnetic fidget toy from leatherman
    everyone was all excited over, this is a pass.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Really?
    I simply do not care if you like it or not,I am happy with it and that is enough for me.

I already said I thought it was too pricey and for sure it is not a substitute really for any dedicated tools or maybe even some other knives or MT in the marketplace either but then there is little out there like this one either and so far having actually carried and made good use of this one it is a keeper for me.

With this and a Cybertool I am able to do most of what I need to with a real minimum of tools in the pocket and this combo has saved me time and made me money since the day that I put them together.

There are a lot of EDC items we talk about and show here that are arguably not the most streamlined design or implementation or reasonably priced items but we sure seem to keep buying them anyway.

If we all felt the same way about all of the stuff there would not be much to talk about here.

If you are not a fan it just does not change my feeling about the tool.

I am unmoved by your impressions of the tool thats all.

And that opinion likely saves you money too so it is a win all around!

8. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

A little too much rudeness and rationalization for my tastes in this thread.

Nothing to see here.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Fishin Fool likes this.
  9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like what I like thats all.

JayHawk likes this.
  10. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I’m kind of undecided on this one. It’s well built, and probably quite useful in its own right. As it turns out, I haven’t used it all that much. Some is due to how my work situation has changed, initially because of COVID, but who knows if it ever returns to the old normal.
    Another thing, that I can’t blame on the product, is my willingness to carry such a heavy and bulky item, with a relatively narrow feature set. It has to be a very high probability of just this tool saving the day before it enters my pocket. And when that happens I'm usually in a workshop or have easy access to dedicated tools, so it rarely saves the day. Not in the short amount of time I had it before COVID, and certainly not now.

It's currently riding in in my EDC backpack, where I imagine it will be most useful. The irony is of course, once you put it in a backpack, I could just as well have used a better, more affordable and more ergonomic Wiha, Wera or something. Well, yeah, and maybe not. The thing is, I might not ever have thought about getting one of those to carry in my backpack in the first place. And with the pocket clip it snaps right on to the internal molle panel so it's nice and tidy, and easily accessible right next to the other tools I carry in there. I really like that.

My conclusion so far? I'm not regretting getting it. I might not have bought it today, knowing what I know now, but life changes and I can't blame that on the tool. It's a great little backpack companion, but obviously once it goes in there, you move very far out on the diminishing return curve. If that's OK with you - then it's a decent alternative to consider.

Fishin Fool, EZDog and ox71 like this.
  11. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

agreed

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I truly have no clue what you are upset about here?
    Am I just sounding too harsh for your taste or is it something else?
    What am I rationalizing and what conceivable much larger issue can you possibly be talking about?

There are plenty of things we buy and talk about here that baffle me too and I would never think about buying myself,this is not one of those things for me.
    The utility for my needs is huge and this has been a real problem solver for me and that is why I like it.

13. Fishin Fool

Fishin Fool Loaded Pockets

I can't speak for the person you are responding to, but I see you taking peoples' opinions of a tool personally.

The tool was shared and people are giving opinions on the tool. This is a discussion board, that is the purpose. If you were just wanting positive responses over honesty, that is on you.

ox71 and adnj like this.
  14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah not really,I am just fine with people opinions about the tool but I am still a fan.
    If I replied in a way that makes it seem otherwise that was not my intention.

It can be tough for all replies on the internet to come out the way I intend sometimes.

Moshe ben David and adnj like this.
  15. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Moderative Announcement:

This thread is devolving into rude, personal attacks. EDCF is not that kind of a forum. Please address each other respectfully and refrain from insulting or attempting to psycho-analyze other members.

Let's discuss the pros and cons of the gear politely without getting personal.

Last edited by jag-engr, Aug 5, 2020
    #35 jag-engr, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Moshe ben David and Eskerbillion like this.
  16. HappyGilmore

Looking back at my posts..especially the first one, I think its obvious how it could be translated negatively. For that I apologize, even if my observations are valid, respecting each other is far more important. At the end of the day nothing good comes from attacking each other. Cheers.

While working on my current EDC tool bag I find that the overall rectangular shape of this tool to be ideal (big ideas leased their design for something called the Steelman tool, but it is far bulkier) I wish more of them were built like this. I would kill to have a $40 version of the Bit Bar in aluminum vs titanium. After all the likelihood of anyone putting enough torque on it using just their hands is basically Zero, but the overall shape and size are great. Do you also have the Bit Bar or just this one?

echo victor likes this.
  17. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

No Bit Bar for me and I really only bought this tool because it was discounted pretty nicely as a Kickstarter item.
    It has really grown on me too but I am actually scared that I might snap it off with my Bionic wire stripping conditioned grip action too!
    When coupled with a Cybertool I can get to a lot more screws especially the recessed ones that you talk about and together they are a pretty formidable yet compact pair to me.
    [​IMG]

18. HappyGilmore

I think I may get a cybertool and install a magnet to allow it to use all 4mm bits, I have some left over from adding the hammer to my skeletool, just an awesome tool, I think for quite a few tasks...precision bits are just plain better. there are times you need big bits..but in that situation you usually need dedicated drivers..hard to replace a true Philips and slotted. A good one can last a lifetime.