1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

This is the BEST forum on the internet!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by IMightBeWrong, Feb 4, 2016.

1. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I know I'm not the only person who feels this way. I've got accounts on forums that are geared toward just guns, just knives, just lights, and a couple other more "exclusive" forums that are similar to this one. I have to say, this group of people is the most down to earth group I've found in any forum. There's a distinct lack of ego that has become a part of the culture of this place that I don't find elsewhere. EDCF is truly a place for gear junkies and users alike to sit back, relax, and talk gear - And I have never once felt that I had to be on my toes here because somebody would come along and criticize the things I enjoy up and down.

Not trying to say that other forums aren't good, and I'm not just fishing for brownie points. I simply felt like sharing that this is how I feel about this place. I'll still surf other forums from time to time but EDCF has a special place in my heart. It's the only forum I've ever supported with my money just because I love it. The people here are simply the most open and accepting group I've encountered online.

I just want to say thank you to everybody for making this place what it is. I feel like I could talk to any member of EDCF face to face and know that they'd be the same person in real life as they are here on the forum. You all rock!

2. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

As a staff member I am bias, but I do really like it here as well. It is my pleasure to assist and help this forum out.

3. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. GrayMouser

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

You might be wrong, but not about this.

thePlumbah, jag-engr, Replete and 4 others like this.
  5. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

I was surprised because as much as I love knives and lights, when I joined dedicated forums for those two things, I did not gel within the community, or it felt like I was putting my mouth to a firehose in terms of information intake. This EDC Forums is just right for me. ;)

6. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I really don't know if this is the best forum or not.
    But i'm sure that it fits all my needings about EDC talking and growing, and schooled me about an incredibly high number of new things, day after day.
    A familiar place where i feel comfortably accepted since the first moment i logged in.
    Hic manebimus optime. :)

7. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Of course, one caveat, this is not my only forum. I have a politics forum and a royalty (I'm interested in only a couple people) forum and a survival forum and finally a VW/Audi forum that I've been a members of for years, but just browse casually now.

But like Nick4305, for EDC talk, this is the best forum I've found. I thank all you good folks for the quality conversation and respect people have for each other.

8. Bradr302

Bradr302 Loaded Pockets

Agreed, awesome forum. Never knew how much EDC gear is out there in the world. The only downside, it makes you want it all :)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used to feel that way.

IMWILSON, T.H.Cone, JHGM and 4 others like this.
  10. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Great to hear! I still check on other forums, too, but this is home. It combines all my weaknesses interests in one place. I love that we are able to keep in laid back and family-friendly, too.

Thank you for your support!

11. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

Absolutely. I can think of ONE other forum online that combines it all together, and the place is huge, but it's also loaded with groupthink and feels more like a fraternity than an open place for discussion. EDCF has it's debates, but they're generally always polite debates and those who can't play nice generally don't hang around. This is an awesome forum without a doubt. :)

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've made some great friendships here. :)

13. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I agree...everything I like all in one place, and in my experience presented with a lot of humility, and without the ego and attitude so prevalent (with both moderators and members) on so many of the dedicated forums. This place just feels a lot more down to earth than many other forums that I've frequented through the years, and I've also noticed that its seems like everyday people can come here and share and learn from the everyday experiences of others without the information being presented in such a way that it is over the average visitors head or beyond the scope of interest of the general public.

Last edited by dmattaponi, Feb 9, 2016