1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

ThirstyTurtle's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by ThirstyTurtle, Jun 29, 2015.

1. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

FWIW, I suspect that a locksmith would be willing to duplicate a key for you with ID. I could be wrong, but I've had man DND keys copied by a local locksmith.

Also, how is the parred-down remote holding up? Have you had to change out the heat shrink tubing, yet?

2. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

ThirstyTurtle Loaded Pockets

I no longer have any keys that I don't own (new job uses an ID badge for entry) so don't have that problem anymore but I also don't think cutting the keys down is necessary as they're pretty minimal already.

The remote is working great! No problems at all, the heat shrink still looks like new and all the buttons operate just fine. Definitely one of my favorite minimization mods.

3. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

Latest and greatest piece of kit is my "grail" watch that I've wanted for several years now; the Damasko DA47, shown here in a natural brown leather strap with black stitching and beadblasted buckle:
    [​IMG]

Sold/selling all my other watches, side knives, pens, and other goodies to help refill the coffers after this purchase. I couldn't pass up the deal; came across is for $850 on Watchuseek whereas it's $1,600 new. Whatever I can't makeup from selling things will be an early 30th birthday present to myself!

Water-Rat and Nick4305 like this.
  4. mjpgolf1

mjpgolf1 Loaded Pockets

Awesome choice in a watch. Damasko makes a tank of a timepiece and they have some very cool technology that puts them kind of in a league of their own. I've always been a big fan of that exact model. I have a Fortis Marinemaster B42 with the white dial that is a similar design that I absolutely love. Wear it in good health my friend.

ThirstyTurtle likes this.
  5. Nick4305
    • The Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nothing's brighter than a kid's smile,
    nothing enlighted my days better than this when my sons were at your daughter's age.

ThirstyTurtle likes this.
  6. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

Always wanted to try an orange strap and the seller I bought my Damasko from was nice enough to throw in several Nato straps. A little time with scissors, needle and thread, and a lighter and I made a two-piece nylon strap out of the orange Nato he gave me. Very happy with the results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used black thread to match the watch bezel and hands and some of the cutoff strap for the keeper.

7. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

Put the Damasko on a Super Engineer II:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But also here are more on leather!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#47 ThirstyTurtle, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  8. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

I'm tired of my P7 pocket clip showing on the outside of my pants as I think it looks a bit tacky, clunky, and unprofessional at my office job.

Decided to take my keychain items and put them in my DIY pocket organizer just to see how I like it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far...I love it! I think I'm going to make a new one with two doubled-up layers of some cool fabric I have and some contrast stitching, probably red. I'll post pics once I get around to that.

Pros:
    Silent and slim

Cons:
    A bit awkward to quickly re-insert items with only one hand

What do you think?

Water-Rat and nolaradio like this.
  9. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

Also, here's a handkerchief I made!
    [​IMG]

Water-Rat, Devon Scout and Husdis like this.
  10. ThirstyTurtle
    • +1 Supporter

My Strapcode Super Oyster arrived back from Northeast Watch Works, beadblasted to a PERFECT match!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aicolainen likes this.