1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about my first Mystery Ranch (2Day Assault)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by USTF, Aug 11, 2019.

1. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Hello, everyone.

It's been a while since I posted anything here, but as soon as I started thinking about getting a new backpack, the first place to look for any thoughts and opinions was here.

Long story short, I saw that MR released a new 2Day Assault pack and really liked the look of it. I am seriously thinking of getting one for myself, but not sure whether it's really suitable for what I have in mind. I'd greatly appreciate any insight and opinions from the local community here, whether it's personal experience or not.

(Long story very short: I'm in love at first sight with new Mystery Ranch and totally buying it, please convince me otherwise before I do it!)

So, my main EDC backpack is 5.11 Rush 12, which is great most of the times, but I do sometimes wish for some extra space. Also, I recently relocated to Sakhalin Island (speaking of which, I'm from Russia) from the mainland, leaving behind my car, so I mostly walk to work and around town (going shopping on foot, too, because of traffic jams after work). Sometimes it's my laptop, clothes and stuff for gym, maybe some grocery - can get uncomfortable with my Rush 12 without a waist belt.

Also, I think I'll start getting outdoors more often because there's a lot of beautiful places to see on the island (or so I'm told by local residents, anyway. Maybe they are just sidekicks for some hungry bears, who knows). Nothing long, just 1 or 2 days of hiking (or shorter, if the bears catch up with me).

There's also air travel in mind, for short trips home up to 10-14 days on vacation with no luggage weighing me down.

So it's about 65% in the city, 30% outdoors and 5% air travel. I think the 27-liter MR would be great for this, but not sure. It's also kind of expensive enough (probably will hit the $270 mark with all the shipping to Russia and everything) that I do need to consider this carefully.

Not too concerned about quality, if it's anything equal to or above 5.11, I'm happy.
    The looks I love, even with a lot of MOLLE webbing and compression straps hanging around.

Thanks!

2. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Get it, quality exceeds 5.11 and so do materials. I love mine and have finally found my 1-pack for all situations...even though i have way more than 1 pack :p

BTW, the 5.11 double deploy gear set fits perfectly on the front of the pack (rigged up with velcro over the Molle) and the Alpha One Niner waist belt (1" belt) fits perfectly in place of the basic waist strap from MR.

RED-FIVE and USTF like this.