1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Things we collect and also EDC

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sinkhole, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

Hello all. I'm just curious what are some inexpensive things you EDC and also collect.
    I have always carried a deck of playing cards in my back pack, you never know when you could end up wanting to play with a friend or play a game of solitaire to kill some time. Well outside of the normal deck of playing cards, I recently discovered they can be quite collectible and are inexpensive to collect. I just placed and order for a few decks I like and I can see many, many more in my future. So these are the 4 decks I am currently waiting on, and I have my eye on the Bicycle Steam Punk Set as well as a few others.

Theory 11 Union
    [​IMG]

Theory 11 Citizens
    [​IMG]

Theory 11 NoMAD
    [​IMG]

Theory 11 Medallions
    [​IMG]

#1 Sinkhole, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

I don't collect cards, but I did find a pair of decks that were in a very nice wooden box. I'll have to see if I have them here(college struggle)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  3. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

You don't need to collect cards. But is there something you collect and EDC? Some people collect and carry spinning tops or fidget toys, others collect Mora's or Victorinox knives, I happen to always carry a deck of cards and collect them as well. So whats you collectible EDC?

Cobra 6 Actual and Ray Loftis like this.
  4. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

I collect card decks also
    I don't have any pics but have about 50 decks
    Lol
    Thought I was the only one
    Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual and Sinkhole like this.
  5. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I don't edc them of course but I have a collection of shell casings. Just one of each that I have. When I go to the range I pick up and keep one of each I don't have. My goal is to have a variety so I can explain calibers and gauges to new shooters. I have all kinds of things from 22 short to 50 cal but there are still a lot I am missing

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual and Ray Loftis like this.
  6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Flashlights.

el_murdoque and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  7. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

I'm not really sure, the one thing in my pockets that doesn't serve a consumptive purpose would be a yellow buckeye (Aesculus flava). I wouldn't say that my knife collection is quite the same, because it's more of me experimenting with what I might would like. We can just go with knives/multitools/lights :giggle:

8. ameeks

ameeks Loaded Pockets

Challenge coins, challenge poker chips, a few tops, Civil War relics (Carved Bullets) and Native American artifacts to name a few.

Vartz04 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  9. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Those card decks look really classy. :)

10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Some of us are normal ... and some of us have that extra chromosome for collecting. I collect and EDC:

Knives

Zippos

Challenge coins

Flashlights

Guns

Et cetera

Edit: Some of these are inexpensive; some not.

Last edited by Cobra 6 Actual, Mar 31, 2017
    #10 Cobra 6 Actual, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    malraux72 likes this.
  11. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I also collect challenge coins.

12. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

Compulsive tendencies?

I have, through the course of my adult life been want to accumulate:

Miniatures. Vehicles mostly. Matchbox, Corgi, Schuco, blah, blah, blah. Some pretty ordinary stuff, some very cool and well found items too. Dusted them off and boxed them up from their "room" 3 years ago to move 7 miles and theyre still in the garage. Hundreds of them. Don't know if theyll ever see daylight again (on my watch anyway)

IPods. Yup, almost every iteration. Soon to be a classic piece of techno history, I mean does anyone actually use them anymore? I dont....I have an iPhone, iPad and a car with Sirius XM.... Carried extensively, EDCish

Neck ties. Starting wearing them in about 1977....never got rid of one. I have a shload of them. Knitted, square cut, wide, narrow, you name it (except Bow) Same profession I got in back when I started wearing them in '77, but havent put one on in 2 or 3 years. Business casual. Thank goodness! These qualified as EDC....or is it everyday weary?

I have a "few" knives too, but thats not a collection. It's just a "few" knives.

13. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

Thought i was the only one, who is connects Pocketgear, EDC and collectables.I have collected many different Stuff in the last years:

Vintage EDC Gear: Petrol Lighters(Germans,Rowenta,Braun,Austrian Imcos,Japanese,Clipper), Swiss Army Knives (Victorinox,with some Wenger), Fountain Pens (Kaweco mostly), Ballpointpens (Parker,Lamy,Luxor)

Vintage Technologygadgets like Gameconsols (PSX,PS2),Pocketconsoles (Like a brandnew GameBoy Micro,Gamenboy, Nintendo DS), Calculators (Sharp with Printerstation), Cameras (Many many of them...Rollei,Kodak,Olympus,Minolta,Pentax,) Pocketcomputers (Atari Portfolio) PDAs (Palm,Psion), Mobile Phones (Sony-Ericsson, Siemens,Xelibri)
    Vintage Erotica like old Playboy Magazins and Girly Carddecks

Right before my last moveout i sold many parts of my collections, to free up same. It was quite lucrative,i got some money that i used for other things.
    Perhaps i can find some pictures soon.

Thats the reason why i work in a museum!

14. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sounds like C6A is about like me... I collect zippos, though I've slowed down on them (at about 14, 9 of which are unused and still have the sad onion sticker; the only thing I did before putting them in the display was peel back the sticker for long enough to remove the flint), knives, lights, watches, notebooks, et cetera... some I still carry daily, some I don't... a Bic finds its way into my pocket more days than a zippo nowadays unless it's wintertime and the fireplace is getting some use. Being a nonsmoker (never have smoked) means a lighter doesn't get enough use for me to justify keeping a petrol lighter filled all the time.

15. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

I have a bunch of Kershaw knives and a large number of Victorinox knives that I carry singularly, of course.

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are all my challenge coins. I carry the copper one in my wallet.

#16 TKC, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  17. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

With all due respect Sir.... You did not mention that you already own all the cool drool over thingies ......;)
    Greetings and hope you are well !

18. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Thank you for that comment, @malraux72 (... although my wife of 50 years may not exactly agree that it is a compliment). I'm good to go; hope you are likewise, too!

baccar-3 likes this.
  19. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

At one time or another, I've collected guitars, puzzle boxes, watches, knives, Atwood tools, hobo nickels, music memorabilia, canes, guitar picks...After awhile, I always move on to something else.

Ray Loftis and Moshe ben David like this.
  20. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

I completely understand the above statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual and Six String like this.