1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Things I wish my wife would get me; alt. title: YOUR list to Santa

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by T.H.Cone, Nov 10, 2012.

1. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Later EDIT- After rereading something Mooshisho said, I felt like I needed to clarify one point. My intent was for all of us to to put our individual list here so that whomever we wanted to could have easy access to them anytime there was an occasion where gift giving would be appropriate. I hope that the Santa bit doesn't offend anyone. Santa, in this context, can be anyone who is going to give you something. Sorry for any confusion. Everything below is original content.

OK, This is an idea, the genesis of which came up in this thread (from about post 48 on down). The idea is to post a list of wants or needs from the Forum Store so that our family and friends can shop for us through our list.

I'm thinking we could link the individual items for their convenience, then book mark the page with our list so they can find it easily whenever they feel the need. They won't even have to log in to use it. This is a total win, win, win because:

1. It supports the forum.
    2. We are more likely to get what we want/desire.
    3. It makes it easy for our loved ones to feel like they are actually shopping for us. Whereas at my house, I usually buy what I want, give it to my wife, who gives it to my sons, who then give it to me. That's a lot of work. Plus, this way, since our lists will be longer than what we will actually get, there will be an element of surprise.

And who doesn't like a surprise?

This list can be used throughout the year. Christmas, Hanukkah, Birthdays, Graduations, Anniversaries, Etc.

I will post a list after I get back from my wife's death march... she's tapping her foot by the back door.

xbanker likes this.
  2. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!

3. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

:confused:?? I'm confused. So this is basically our wish list?

You can do the same thing on Amazon and still have those items linked to the forum store...

4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

but on Amazon all of our forum friends won't be able to see it and talk about it :)

5. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I thought they could? :) Well, they also give me a link, but yeah.

There's the option to "find friends' wishlists" too. Never used it since my friends always link me, but the option's there.

6. T.H.Cone

The Cones buy from Amazon a lot, Moosh, but I have no idea how to do what you are talking about. I'm a bit of a computer simpleton. I may not be the only one. If you think your way is easier, and I'm all for EASY, I'll be happy to redo the OP. As long as we get traffic to the store and get what we want, I'm all for it.

You would have to explain me how to do what you are proposing. I do know I have a wish list on Amazon, but how does that get my wife to the forum store?

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/universal/ref=gno_listpop_uwl

There are two ways you can create your wishlist (from any site) and have it populate on Amazon.
    • installing an add-on to your web browser
    • (the easier way) drag an drop the link to your bookmarks bar (here). With this option, just click on the "Add to Wish List" bookmark on the product page of the item you want and a little window pops up so that you can edit or comment. It generates a wishlist on Amazon that links to JSburly's (or whatever store you're using).
    From there you just either link your friends to your wishlist (easier; can work on private and public lists) or they can search for your wishlist on Amazon's "wish list search bar" (harder, IMHO, and the wishlist must be set public).

You can't create new wishlists through the little "widget" though. The wishlist category has to be made on Amazon first.

nuphoria likes this.
  8. T.H.Cone

That's pretty cool, Moosh. Right now, everything I want goes to a bookmark folder so my wife or I can keep track of it. What your proposing seems like it would certainly make all of that easier for people at my house. But to Kertap's point, wouldn't it still be easier for all of us to see and discuss EDC stuff if it was just all right here?

Anybody else have an opinion?

9. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

It's just a suggestion. :) I think I misunderstood you the first time around and didn't catch the part about discussing the items here. But hey! We all learned something new about Amazon today. :p

10. T.H.Cone

The discussion part wasn't something I considered at first, but our friend Kertap may have a point about that. You know how nosy he is.:p Another benefit of it being here, I think, is that it makes it easy for rogue members to do anonymous things. Just saying.

kertap75 likes this.
  11. nw1911guy

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

I need a wife so I have one to buy me things :p

zebedee, ac7ss, kertap75 and 2 others like this.
  12. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I often drop cool stuff on my Amazon wish list - when I realised it didn't have to be something on Amazon, I got rather excited :D

mooshisho likes this.
  13. T.H.Cone

Where's a mod? I really feel like the ladies are ganging up on me.:help:

SAKplumber and Gnarly like this.
  14. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think someone lied to you about how this whole marriage thing works :D

15. nw1911guy

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

False economics? lol

kertap75 likes this.
  16. T.H.Cone

BTW, you ladies know I was goofing, right?

SAKplumber likes this.
  17. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

THC, love ya,bro, but this is the second recent SNAFU re: posting a wishlist of EDCF gear, for our S/O's to see.

Please back away from the glue-soaked sock in that bag; outside for some fresh air: quick.

SAKplumber and T.H.Cone like this.
  18. T.H.Cone

I had to go get a magnifying glass because my readers wouldn't work. Now I feel dizzy.:spin:

SAKplumber likes this.
  19. nw1911guy

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

must be the glue fumes.....

Gnarly and T.H.Cone like this.