1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Thickest heaviest hoodie

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by 0dBm, Jan 2, 2021.

1. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The two brands that I have used are Camber and Arborwear.

The Arborwear product is 100% cotton. It is composed of two layers of 13-ounch pre-shrunk cotton fleece.

The Camber garment is also doublethick using a 90% cotton/10% poly blend.

The Arborwear hoodie becomes softer after a few washings whereas the Camber garment retains a VERY subtle rigidity due to the polyester content.

I wore the Camber full-zip hoodie over a heavy T-shirt and heavy denim button-down collated shirt paired with a lined denim trouser for a recent outdoor soup kitchen duty event. My body temp stayed at a very comfortable range despite the outside temp dipping into the 20s.

I donned the Arborwear hoodie and matching trouser with only lightweight undergarments while in the cabin that had only a fireplace for heat.

#1 0dBm, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Interesting, but I avoid cotton like the plague in cold weather (not that we have much of that in the D/FW area) due to it holding water like a sponge, rather than wicking it. If it's active use, cotton is a distinct liability.

3. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Aye wear they cant be beat thick multipockets

4. samiam2714

samiam2714 Loaded Pockets

Arbor wear makes a double thick tech hoodie. I haven't tried it yet but my cotton double thick is nice.

5. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

My old Champion hoodie from the 90s is the warmest one I own. Living in south Florida I only get to wear it a half-dozen times a year.

6. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Cotton is the worst thing you can pick in winter.

My go to hoodie is a wool one. Find the cheapest one you are willing to pay for and it will out do 2 layered cotton ones.

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  7. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

My preference for high-physical activity winter-weather wear are the synthetic fabrics. They do an excellent job of wicking the perspiration from my skin. Their disadvantage is the odor they retain.

During periods of moderate movement outdoors, I don the merino. They keep me warmer than the synthetics. They retain odor much less and wash adequately with lanolin-content detergent.

I like cotton for low-movement wear wherein I generate no perspiration. I like the softness that cotton is capable of becoming. In low-humidity environments where my skin tend to become very dry, cotton tends to irritate me far less.

I prefer to stay warm in a cooler room temperature and a dual-layer cotton hoodie is my preference to help me remain comfortable.

8. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

I have cotton double thick and It feels nice dude.