1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The WorrySpinner: Possibly the Perfect Fidget

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by iacchus, Jul 17, 2016.

1. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

For years I carried around a Kennedy half-dollar. It was a cross between a worry coin and a good-luck talisman. Always had it with me. One day I lost it, and it bothered me way more than I thought it would.

It turned up a month or so later, had been hiding under the passenger side seat of a friends car. I stopped carrying it, and now it sits on my wardrobe.

I missed carrying a fidget, though. I looked into worry coins and stones, but nothing really caught my eye. Plus, they are surprisingly expensive. $100 for a small chunk of hammered copper just doesn't sit well with me.

I almost caved and bought one of those little spinny tops, but knew I wouldn't carry it because of the size and shape. Seemed like it would be uncomfortable in the pocket.

Then I ran across this on instagram:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're handmade by @pocketrugs_hanky_co using nothing but hand tools.
    I DM'd him immediately. Let me tell you cats something...it might be the perfect pocket fidget. It takes up almost no room, so can be added to edc without much thought about space concerns.

Also, he told to me when I ordered that it was his initial idea to offer something affordable to a market flooded w/ the aforementioned surprisingly expensive fare. Personally, I think he could very easily be charging more, but am pleased as punch that somebody is offering something like this and keeping it affordable.

Obligatory EDC photo w/ my favorite fidget included:
    [​IMG]

It's basically a 1.5" copper worry coin with a steel ball bearing pressed into the middle. I can't keep the little fella out of my hands. I'm either just worrying it, or flipping it, or spinning it absentmindedly on my desk at work as I pour over data.

Being what it is, you aren't going to get monster 10 minute spin times. I can reliably get two minutes+ out of mine on top of the filing cabinet beside my desk, though. Plenty long enough to be satisfying.

Iv'e been practicing rolling it across my knuckles like a mobster from the forties while I watch television, but so far I'm pretty crap at that. Better than when I started trying to, though. I keep working at it.

Mine is sterile, and a very early example. The ones I see him offering now are completely interference fit, and lack the dab of adhesive you see on mine. Dude is getting really good at it.

He's got a bunch of different styles. Some are stamped w/ phrases. Some have lanyards. I've just ordered a two inch one and a couple of little leather sheaths for them.

If you've been wanting a fidget, but had trouble deciding like me, take a look at his stuff. He hasn't been making them long, but I think he has got himself a real winning idea with these. Great guy to deal with as well.
    Everybody who sees it is immediately interested and asks where I got it and then has to take it for a spin.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

I'll update this thread with the 2" version and the sheaths when I get them in. If I ever pull off the "rolling across the knuckles" bit with this thing, I'll post a video. Also, I will buy a fedora, start chewing a toothpick all the time, and will be taking applications for membership into my gang. Stay tuned.

2. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

You sir are a legend. I've been looking for something like this for some time now, and i too did not want to be paying ridiculous amounts for a fidget toy.

For years i've played with my russian wedding ring, but i keep dropping it in awkward locations. Crawling around a dark cinema floor mid show explaining to worried looking patrons that i've lost my ring does not go down well. I am currently on the Etsy store looking at the various designs he has to offer. I'll be sure to let him know that you'd pointed me in his direction.

Thanks for sharing.

Replete and iacchus like this.
  3. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Got my 2" WorrySpinner in today. Also a pair of sheaths (made by @harpleather).

[​IMG]

And here they are in the sheaths:
    [​IMG]

The 2" version is a monster.

Replete, Nick4305 and Colt Seavers like this.
  4. Colt Seavers

This is what I'm currently fidgeting with

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replete, Getahl and iacchus like this.
  5. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

These are perfect. Just ordered one!

I quit wearing my wedding ring because I sat around spinning it a lot and was afraid I'd lose it.

iacchus likes this.
  6. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

Bugger they don't ship to the uk, these look great

iacchus likes this.
  7. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Did you DM him? You might could work something out. He's a cool cat to deal with. Has a full time job, and makes these after work.

I'm really liking this two-incher. The extra weight means it spins twice what the 1.5" coin does. But, doesn't flip as easy, and certainly won't be rolling across my knuckles.

8. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

I like this bottle opener. Where can I find one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. Colt Seavers

I'm not sure they are available any more unfortunately. I got mine from a user on eBay. I will check to see if i still have his info.

10. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up this beast in an auction. One of a kind 5oz copper WorrySpinner.

11. HCFXJ

HCFXJ Loaded Pockets

^ I seen 1 of your post an tracked him down on IG, great to work with and quick turn around time and really nice work, happy with my coin

12. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Glad you dig it. I'm really fond of them.
    And yeah, he's a good dude to deal with.