1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The "What have you got in the mail?" thread, part four.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Not really an EDC item...

[​IMG]

ballistic likes this.
  2. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

The olde Palidan Press days of yore. I remember ordering booby trap and lock picking manuals when I was a teenager. This brings me back!! Along with the Johnson Smith Co. catalogue.

3. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I have been, given I'm somewhat undertall, considering getting a tee shirt bearing the text "Fat people are harder to kidnap" ;)

godcode and Moshe ben David like this.
  4. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a Peregrine 1800 and a MAP 3500 from Kelty, both in black (that’s the only color in stock). $98 shipped for the pair.

5. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I see you took advantage of Kelty's sale. Well done. I was about to pull the trigger on a MAP 3500 as well but couldn't justify ANOTHER bag despite the price

6. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Haha! I sure didn’t need another bag either, but I’ve been wanting to check out the Peregrine since it was discontinued a few years back. I already have a couple of MAP 3500’s and it’s one of my favorite bags in its size range. I’m sure I’ll find a use for it...at least that’s what I told myself ;).

Last edited by twin63, May 25, 2020
    #6006 twin63, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    karlito and Moshe ben David like this.
  7. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

hahaha nice one.

My ShirePostMint Solid Copper Touch Free Door Opener just arrived yesterday. Had to update my no touch hook so I can use it for touch screens also. Its heavy and cheap.

RogerStenning likes this.
  8. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

Anyone ever get a package from Amazon that you didn't order?

I got home yesterday to find a package on my porch, in an Amazon box, sealed with Amazon tape, and addressed to me at my home address.

Odd: I've not ordered anything from Amazon in months. Further, I never have things shipped to my home: they go to my office since it's more secure. But the package was labeled for me, and had my correct home address...

It was a package of crayola markers.

Strange.

9. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

A friend or relative playing games, perhaps? :giggle:

10. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

Possible, but unlikely: my family doesn't waste money like that. I'm genuinely curious because my Amazon account shows no orders placed in the last three months, so I know my account's not been compromised. But there was no gift receipt or anything else in the box: just the markers and the bubble packaging.

11. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Sentinel, it could belong to one of your neighbors. A couple of years ago, I ordered something from Amazon and they delivered it across the street. The idiot neighbor never thought to walk it across the street and give it to me. She had Amazon pick it back up. SMH

12. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Wife and I are waiting for the Amazon today. Hot weather here.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Dude. Read the post from @Sentinel again. He stated it was addressed to him by name at his home address...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

14. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I have. About two years ago I received a package, addressed to me at my address, a cheaper dash cam. I called amazon CS told them what happened. Bottom line, they had no idea since no activity on my account was seen and told me to just keep it.

15. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Karlito raises a good point: Have you contacted Amazon CS? If you proactively tell them this has happened, and ask what you should do about it, they can't come back later and say nasty things, after all.

16. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

My latest loot:

[​IMG]

ran23 likes this.
  17. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Sorry “dude”, an honest mistake. Ever make any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#6017 echo victor, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  18. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

What on Earth is that key for?!

That singer foldable pair of scissors is neat; I have one in my 'hussif' (British Army short form for the "housewife", which in turn is the word used to describe a field sewing kit :)

I'm not going to comment on the book ;) I know a guy who tigerteams for the good guys.

godcode likes this.
  19. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

That book is causing me a nosebleed. The topics I have quick read so far are technical / computer related geekery but I might learn something this coming weeks.

The keychain item you are referring is a CRKT Williams Defense Key which also acts as a screw driver hehehehe. Not sure yet if it will be have a place in my future EDC keychain. That other hook type item is a Solid Copper Touch Free Door Opener from ShirePostMint. Handy when having to deal with touch screen and opening doors esp with the COVID going on.

20. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

I vaguely remember back a few years some mention of similar incidents with Amazon (searched and found it)

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/amazon-scam-brushing-warning-deliveries-you-didnt-order/

I also recalled that it didn't sound like a serious threat, probably is not but who knows.

As for contacting Amazon CS last I tried that is now very difficult at best, they are doing zero phone calls, and emails go unanswered for multiple weeks. My last attempt was a few weeks ago. The above article is what I believe I'd read, but who knows someone may have come up with a new twist. Since it is a low cost item, and currently difficult to contact Amazon it may be something similar.