1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The "What have you got in the mail?" thread, part four.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hook

Hook Loaded Pockets

Rush 12 in sandstone.

2. friscoltu959

friscoltu959 Empty Pockets

Heroclip is expensive but top quality. Very good product, and looks amazing attached in any backpack with molle

3. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I have one of these. It is very cool for hanging things off the back of doors or shelving units where a normal caribiner thing can't cope. It has a rubber foot so it sticks hanging from 90degree ledges without slipping.

The medium one is big, and the whole thing is quite bulky for anything smaller than say a Rush 12. I use it for a Tumi work bag where doors and shelves abound. It's great also to keep your bag off the ground in other scenarios such as workshops or toilet cubicles or in tight meeting rooms. It enables you to hang the bag above waist height so finding stuff in it is easy.

The load capacity is not great (25kg) so you're not going to scale the Eiger with it.

tbzbbt

PS. When you get one of these people will want to play with it as it is not immediately obvious how it folds...

Nick4305 likes this.
  4. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Today I got two titanium deep carry clips from MXG Gear for Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and Delica 4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  5. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I just got some Fire Red and Ice blue replacement Oakley polarised lenses for my Flak Draft sunglasses. Made by Walleva. As good as the original lenses and a quarter the price.

Tbzbbt

Appalachian likes this.
  6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a CRKT Journeyer for a while now but have been unsuccessful. I'm in the UK, so I have to abide by some dumb laws. I only ever carry sub 3" slipjoint knives unless I need a fixed blade...obviously. law abiding citizen and all that nonsense.
    I've ordered a HX Outdoor copy (Ba****rd Halibut) of the Journeyer for £16. If it works for me, I may get the real thing. I'm not keen on fakes, but the reviews on this are ok. My Sanrenmu and Enlan knives have always been decent.

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Two blades are on their way from BHQ:

Mercator "Otter" with polished copper handle and 3.5" satin finish SS blade:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Real Steel G5 Metamorph Mk II Front Flipper; Navy Blue (?) aluminum handle and 3.5" Satin finish 14C28N Drop Point blade:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Really looking forward to receiving these! I already have a couple of the Otter knives and love them -- but this will be my first knife with a copper handle. The Real Steel will be my first 'front flipper' -- looking forward to seeing how it handles and deploys.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Two new lights from SkyLumen - Jetbeam RRT01vn and Niteye Mini1vn.
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Let us know how you get on with front flippers. I saw the metamorph knife and it appeared too long for me.

I have a couple of Real Steel Forager fixed blades and I really like the brand: especially the colourful g3 pukko which will probably be a new acquisiti9n soon based on your prompt.

The only front flipper I have is a Maserin 392 small carbon fibre scale knife that has the razor style tab to open. It’s an interesting physical thumb sensation to open it, but not one to attempt quickly in company....

Tbzbbt

#5789 tbzbbt, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  10. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I have had one of those mercators on my list for some time now. Sweet looking, old school knife. I might need to just take the plunge and order it one of these days.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  11. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Not edc related, but one of my favourite albums of all time
    Mgła 'Further Down The Spiral' on vinyl (from ebay). Mmmmmmmm.

kottskrapa likes this.
  12. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

Never heard of them before but I thank you!

It's not failure if you learn something from it

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  13. Appalachian

Appalachian Loaded Pockets

I got this from Ebay for $77. Used, but like new. I’ve wanted one for a long time.
    [​IMG]

troutster52 likes this.
  14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Both knives have arrived.

The copper handled Otter is a beauty. It is now riding in my pocket organizer/sheath together with its black handled cousin.

The Metamorph is also a beauty. Light weight; blade is wonderfully sharp and action is smooth but there is a bit of an issue. Issue is I have yet to get it to fully deploy just with my thumb and no wrist action. The thumb action for the front flipper is something I'm not yet used to.

I've gone onto YouTube and looked at reviews by a number of folks who review blades. A few 'seem' to get full deployment either just with their thumb or with a slight wrist flick in addition. Several reviewers have noted the need to add in the wrist flick and complained. Consensus seems to be the detent is not tuned well enough to enable full deployment just using the thumb for many folks. There have also been observations by some that the flipper tab maybe is just a bit too short to give enough leverage for effective single action deployment --meaning without using the wrist.

I'm not sorry to have bought this knife; it is a beauty and seems very slicy as well as light weight and takes up very little pocket real estate. Just wish the action was a bit better.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

15. troutster52

What model is that?

16. troutster52

17. Appalachian

Appalachian Loaded Pockets

Benchmade Adamas

18. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

callforfire Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Totally infatuated with amsler hurricanes. Been packing the short version for a long while, now I've got a 2049.

19. adam_r33ve

adam_r33ve Loaded Pockets

Another olight to the collection and going to try the rovyvon on my keys
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  20. adam_r33ve

adam_r33ve Loaded Pockets