1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The "What have you got in the mail?" thread, part four.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cowsmilk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

It's on the way[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Our very own Leaky5, Richard, sold me his awesome hand crafted haversack/sachel:

Excited to open it...
    [​IMG]

First shots...
    [​IMG]

High visibility interior fabric...
    [​IMG]

Better shot but doesn't do the bag justice. It's a great bag and I thank @leaky5 so much.
    [​IMG]

3. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Can't go wrong with the classics.

4. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

I'd like to see some pics of this bag "stuffed". It has what a lot of smaller bags are lacking... a place to hang a water bottle carrier.

#5164 Blackheart, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I just got my first Rite in the Rain notepad for an upcoming outdoor excursion. I don't tend to write in damp environments but can see it being a problem for the event. I also got one of the stainless steel Sharpies (to write in the above notepad). I'm not sure if this would work any better than a standard pen, but they look neat and are cheap so why not. I also got a AAA and a CR123 "Storacell by Powermax slimline" battery holders. THe The former holds six AAA and the latter four CR123s. Many other items are forthcoming!

RogerStenning likes this.
  6. Lellobeetle

I will try to get a picture of it "stuffed". It does have MOLLE on one side so I can put my MilSpec Monkey water bottle corset on that side of the outside.

Blackheart likes this.
  7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Iirc stainless is a fair bit harder than regular steel so I'm not sure how effective that would be but it's certainly worth a shot. Fine sandpaper honestly isn't that bad to, just don't grab 40grit....

8. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

[​IMG]

On the left, a pack of spare laces for my boots (Karrimor KSB Kinder boots); four per pack, and I've already laced the boots up with one pair, three spares left. Cheapie set through Amazon. Rude not to ;).

Next up, an Olixar Clip & Talk hands-free car kit for my Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5. This is to do with a relatively new regulation over in France; a little over two years ago, they enacted 'Measure 22', making it illegal to use any form of headset or earpiece to make or receive a phone call while driving. They want BOTH ears available to be used while driving, which I'd say is an intelligent requirement.

Measure 22 calls for the ban of ‘any system of the kind that requires earphones, headphones, ear bud, earpiece … that is likely to limit either the attention or auditory capacity of drivers’.

The ban does not include systems that do not require an ear bud, earpiece of headphone, such as those connected via Bluetooth to the car speaker system, or the speaker function on the phone." (Source: https://www.frenchentree.com/living-in-france/driving/driving-in-france-hands-free-kit-ban-effective-june-30/), so a little looking, and this job (through MobileFun in the UK), which has some good reviews, has been bought. I'll be messing about with it over the weekend, to get used to it.

Nick4305 likes this.
  9. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

Just had a maxpedition beefy delivered. Wanted to consolidate my fak and maxpedition mini into one easy to grab kit.
    This thing almost needs it's own shoulder strap

[​IMG]

Lellobeetle likes this.
  10. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Today, my newest glow/watch:
    [​IMG]
    Seiko SNKK19

Lellobeetle and RogerStenning like this.
  11. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Wow. That's BRIGHT! :D

12. Lellobeetle

I received a box from Maarten (aka EDC Holland on YouTube and Jaweet Maarten on Facebook). We have traded a lot of stuff - I have send him a LOT of stuff knives....like nice knives, etc. Anyway - he sent me a knife in this box but I've not opened it because I just sent him the Gen 1 Firebox 5" Stove with all the accessories and a second Kershaw Blur (this one with the tiger stripe) - it just shipped yesterday so I'm going to wait to open my box until he receives his...but I do have a knife that will be new-to-me just waiting for me to open it! Can't wait. Maarten is awesome - check him out at EDC Holland on YouTube. He's on a short break from doing videos. He's in the Netherlands, but his videos are in English. Cheers, friends.

13. jaya_man

jaya_man Loaded Pockets

Gerber Multi-Lock Scout just arrived...

[​IMG]

14. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Scotch Brite pad does the trick, just go with the grain in the stainless steel.

15. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Ordered a set of bi-coloured pencils through Amazon a while back, and they never arrived; contacted the seller (it was a marketplace sale), and they were swift off the mark in sending a replacement for it to me, didn't even argue, which was nice. The replacement arrived today.

[​IMG]

There's a nice array of them, and the intention is to use them with my notebook and diary set-up...

However, there's a liiiiiiitle problem with that...

[​IMG]

I'm going to have to shorten them a tad before I can use 'em :mad:;)

Why coloured pencils rather than pens, you ask? Glad you asked. Ink can dry up. Ink can run out without warning. Pencils may be low tech, but they get the job done, and give visual warning when they're low to aid in timely replacement ;) Also, you'll note the Faber-Castelle Perfect Pencil on the left of shot - there's a pencil sharpener in the cap ;) Yes, there's a gel pen there too, but it's silly not to have some form of ink when it's available :giggle:

Anyhoo.... scuse me, it's time to make with the pencil sharpener... :giggle:

Lellobeetle and Moshe ben David like this.
  16. Lellobeetle

Just purchased on fleabay - CRKT Ken Onion Swindle
    [​IMG]

17. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a BoB Tool, sticker and some patches, including a May 4th patch from PDW. Also just got an order in with Tactical Tailor, of which I'm very very very excited!! I finally got someone to make me a 5x6 patch panel! Finally, one place for all my patches. Swooooon!

18. Sindri

Sindri Loaded Pockets

Found this in the mailbox today :)
    [​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  19. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

20. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Roadie, blue scales. Floating downriver the sloooowww way!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

rkazooti likes this.