1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Dad Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by demPho, Jun 17, 2018.

1. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

I just became a dad on 12/31 myself!

Journo, Soulriot, twin63 and 4 others like this.
  2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

So, tomorrow is our official due date but she's expected to be a couple days behind schedule. Naturally, I'm doing only the most important of the things... Tuning up my dad bag, of course.

Here is the Recycled Firefighter 24hr pack in MCB outfitted with the Grayman tactical rigid molle panel spec'ed for this bag.

[​IMG]

In the front vertical pouch I have a pink bandana because, well, it's a girl. Wipes because, well, wipes. RF small zip pouch as an essentials kit.

[​IMG]

Inside in the top mesh pouches I have some various ointments and remedies and such and of course diapers.

[​IMG]

Attached to the molle panel is the Tactical Baby Gear wipes pouch, bottle pouch, and dump pouch which is attached to a 5.11 pouch for other various goodies. This will end up my personal pocket dump pouch. Below that is another 5.11 with backup clothes for baby.

[​IMG]

In the rear laptop pouch I have a journal I started after I proposed to the ole lady through to the wedding so I found it fitting to transition to baby journal. Last, and definitely most favorited, the TBG changing pad.

If only the purpose for this rig wasn't so...messy.

Can't wait to meet her and put it to use.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

@demPho Coolest dad bag ever;). Congratulations again on the big event. We'll expect a full report after things settle down.

I've got to stop reading your posts. Your gear/packs are always well thought out and well organized (I especially like the pouches/modular approach). I'm getting a serious case of "bag envy".

demPho likes this.
  4. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

The last pic is for when you are potty training her?

T-3 and YankeeHotelFoxtrot like this.
  5. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

That is a high compliment around here! Thank you!

The curse/blessing of being a hyper-prepared person, I suppose. I'm honored to be of some inspiration. My GAS is off the charts and this is the only place where I'm accepted for who I am lol.

steeps and twin63 like this.
  6. Jordan Stawarz

Jordan Stawarz Loaded Pockets

@demPho How do you like the Gray Man Tactical Insert?

Expecting twins to be here mid to late May. Trying to figure out my setup. Either use an existing bag or convince the wife I need a new one.

7. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

Good luck. I might have missed it, but make sure you have a backup shirt for yourself in the bad as well. Came in handy a few times when the spit up don’t want to stay on the burp cloth.

twin63 and demPho like this.
  8. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

The rigid molle panel is an awesome idea and perfect execution in my opinion. I do enjoy the modular element. It works for me. My only negative would be extra cost. Panel plus pouches can get north of $100 easy. I guess it's the price you pay for a "custom" rig.

If you're gonna change diapers, you can have whatever bag you want, hunny. Or at least that's how my conversation went with the wife lol.

9. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I've got a change of clothes in my EDC bag that's always in the truck. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking I'll be able to tolerate the fluids until I can get back to the truck lol. Time will tell

10. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

I got the 12HR and 24HR packs plus the rigid velcro panel as the rigid MOLLE was out of stock.

demPho likes this.
  11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Keep checking back, he'll restock them. I too want to get the hook and loop panels as well. Love his mesh pouches.

Yesterday was our doctor day for baby girl's check ups. I'm proud to announce the RF baby bag was a hit! It was deployed multiple times throughout the day and proved purposeful and prepared. Need to make a few minor tweaks after its first official use. The pediatrician was rather impressed by my preparedness and my rig. SUCCESS!! I didn't take any pictures as my hands were pretty full. I'll get better about that.

twin63 likes this.
  12. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

Awesome! I used my 24hr bag as a dedicated baby toy bag yesterday after my wife's diaper bag was filled up!

twin63 and demPho like this.