1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Techie's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Cogency, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Cogency

Cogency Loaded Pockets

Ok here's my EDC.

The bag is a victorinox messenger.
    [​IMG]

Inside the bag I have several "kits"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Kit on the left contains on the right side:
    Moleskin notebook, EAB gerber knife, fisher space pen, pocket tech screwdriver, boker cop tool.
    [​IMG]

The Bottom left side:
    Mcfeely's pocket wrench, logitech card survival tool, Nitecore ex10 flashlight, letherman skeletool with bit kit.
    [​IMG]
    The middle left compartment:
    tin contains: peanut lighter pico widgy, compass, extra screwdriver parts, flash drive.
    the rest is a deal extreme card tool, Squirt S4, ckrt peck knife, Atwrench
    [​IMG]
    The top left side:
    booboo tin (band-aids, ointment, meds, and listerine pack, vic knife, tweezers, and Dovo Inox nail clippers also fit in the tin.) and a card sized sewing kit.
    [​IMG]

The next kit is kind of a writer' kit:
    It includes a crkt m16 knife, a dry-lighter from levengers, A rotring 600 pen and pencil set, another moleskin notebook, and a card sized color pencil set.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Supplemental/ Survival Kit:
    Survival tin, zippo, spare cr123 battery in a pill fob, and a crkt plan b knife.
    [​IMG]
    Inside the tin:
    Fishing kit and band-aids, whistle, nylon cord, a pill fob w/ pain meds and water treatment tabs, vic knife, peanut lighter, compass, tinder with cut down birthday candle, signal mirror.
    [​IMG]

For lack of a better description Sissy kit:
    (The silver case is a pill box with daily meds.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pockets:
    [​IMG]
    Pocket protector has permanent marker, 2 zebra pens, pocket tech screwdriver, and the boker urban knife
    The key-chain: photon light, micra mod with keys, flash drive, utilikey, crkt peck, star trek pin.
    The wallet has another crkt brian tighe design knife, p4 squirt, arc-aaa flashlight, deal extreme screwdriver with storage for bits, and another space pen.
    [​IMG]

Is it complete? Hah never. Suggest away. And actually I have a few more kits worth posting when I get the time.

2. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Looks good to me. That's quite a lot of kit to carry, but if you need it all, then of course you should have it.

3. Cogency

Cogency Loaded Pockets

I'll have to post some more pictures. :laugh: The vic bag at the top that this fits in is no bigger than a brief case, but honestly that usually stays in the car. The second and third picture are really all I carry along with the one labeled pockets. That third picture shows the case is no bigger than a day planner, and it includes everything in the next three pictures.

4. xthereal

xthereal Loaded Pockets

Wow, I'd love to find that bag lying on my doorstep or under the Christmas tree! Nice stuff. Just curious, at quick glance I think I counted over a dozen knives, do you ever track how often they each get used? I know the old saying two is one and one is none (and three is for me :) ), but a dozen might be an opportunity to lighten the load a bit if any of them don't see any usage? Incidentally, I'd be happy to carry some of them for you to help share the load :)

5. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I like the credit card sized sewing kit. That is pretty nifty.

6. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

Great post. That's a very well organized kit! :cheers:

Any chance of a quick description of the various pouches/organizers? Some of them look very interesting!

7. vivek16

vivek16 Loaded Pockets

I like the sewing kit. Very neat.

also, 11 knives?!?!!

8. Cogency

Cogency Loaded Pockets

Ok I didn't even realize there were eleven knives. :laugh: I guess that is the one flaw with a modular system, You feel like each kit needs a dedicated knife (or three.)

The sewing kit is sometimes available on ebay for a few bucks as an airline card sewing kit. If you look around you probably can find one. They're cheap quality but in a pinch they get the job done.

I'm probably going to redo the pictures soon when my camera finishes charging.
    I'll get more description on the bags when I do that.

9. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

...Every tech needs a SAK Cybertool. I am addicted to mine. :roof:

10. jetpack

jetpack Loaded Pockets

It is good too see the kit where everything is in the order and have it's own place ;) In my opinion your kit is awesome :)

11. autopoint

autopoint Loaded Pockets

I am greatly interested in the names(/descriptions) of the two larger kits shown above

12. Cogency

Cogency Loaded Pockets

The smaller bag is a case logic hard drive case. Just the right size for a moleskin notebook.

The larger case I found at Goodwill, it reads bonafon which is a company that makes audio equipment apparently. So um yeah I have no clue how to get another one like it.

13. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I like the modular system - very well thought out. It looks like you can easily transfer cases to another bag or, if necessary, grab a case or two and still have most of what you need.

I hope you don't mind, but I will probably be stealing some of your ideas for my own kit :thumbsup:

14. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

With all the space you have in there (especially after clearing out a knife or two), I would add a full size screwdriver with exchangeable bits. Nothing I hate more than unscrewing something that takes some elbow grease with a pen driver or multitool that you can't get any real purchase or leverage on.

If you're a troubleshooter I might add an Ultimate Boot CD.

15. Cogency

Cogency Loaded Pockets

No worries everything I have is just stuff I learned about here.

And my ideas exactly on modularity, which is why there is so much redundancy in the knife department people. I keep a knife in most of the kits so that I have one with me appropriate to the kind of kit I needed for that day. Sheesh it's like none of you have ever carried one too many knives. :laugh:

Ajax- I do have something slightly better than the boot cd from work, but the only way to get it is work for tech support at a big box retail store or pirate it.

I'd like to find a great high torque auto-loading precision screwdriver with about 8 bits that would fit in a front jeans pocket. Unfortunately no one has had the foresight to build such perfection yet. If you find one I would buy it in a heartbeat.

This is about as close to it as I have found and it still isn't built the way it should be to earn a spot amongst such proud tools. (tongue planted firmly in cheek.) But seriously if anyone can find a perfect screwdriver, I've spent a long time searching for one.

16. JavaTim

JavaTim Empty Pockets

Love the pair of Rotring 600s. I've got several of the knurled grip ones. I'm guessing EDC geeks fall easily into the pen geek category too.

-Tim

17. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

I like your kit. It has been pointed out before that it's rather excessive, but if you are willing to put up with the weight and the bulk (and obviously you do), it's sure a lot of capability in one bag. A bag that is very low profile, I might add. From the look of it, one would expect a laptop and some paperwork in it, not a truckload of tools.

One caveat, though: I recognize the little pre-assembled sewing kit. It's one of the variety you get at a supermarket for two bucks, right? I think I had exactly the same model a year or so ago. The thread in it, well, sucks. Rippes easily. Better off replacing the thread with a higher quality more rugged.