1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The strongest folding knife available...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Evil D, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Advantage: It's theoretically MUCH stronger.
    Realized Advantage (for 99% of people in 99% of situations): Nothing

Given the average advocate for hard use knives has never broken the lock of even a Delica or Griptilian it's an exercise in futility. Similar to the guy in the $50,000 1-ton diesel truck with a shiny bed and trailer hitch.

Gryffin likes this.
  2. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's a toy that can cut things,,,,,, You are stuck in a double bind,,,,, you will never give it hard use that will take it to near to it's limits because at some point it will break just like the strongest fixed blade would.

ac7ss likes this.
  3. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Yeah...This isn't a knife I normally would like. The lack of one handed opening and a pocket clip is usually all it takes to turn me away, let alone the average steel type, stainless steel handle and tanto blade. But, for what I plan to use it for, it's perfect.

Again, this is sort of like the car world. What advantage does 500hp have over a 400hp? It's not always about being better than the next, although I would still bet every penny in my wallet that this knife would stand up to more abuse than a ZT. Not saying the ZT is a slouch, just saying this knife has raised the bar to a very high height.

Blerv likes this.
  4. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Doesn't that pretty much define every knife that exists? I may never break a Delica in normal use, but I also wouldn't baton with a Delica. I won't hesitate to baton with this knife. To me it's simply a folding knife that as far as I'm concerned can do anything a fixed blade can do, short of extreme lateral prying.

5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

^--- This sums it up.

What people often don't understand is that the more extreme you go (pick a field) the more compromises you make to other things. Let's say you did make a car that would idle, pass emissions, and get great gas mileage but also had 1200 horsepower. It's powercurve would be insane because it would likely be a 2 liter engine with 40 pounds of boost. :p It would also cost as much as a small house to execute properly and would likely blow it's cat converters out once a week. There are other ways to this...that's just one example.

While it's logical to build something to the point of diminishing returns if you disregard the disadvantages you can push past this. It helps when you have a buying demographic that is less picky on logistics.

"We can make it really tough and hold an edge a long time, it won't be stainless though."
    "Go for it"

"We can make a bulletproof lock but it will be cumbersome as Hell"
    "That doesn't bother me."

Insanity ensues!

6. Zorro

Zorro Loaded Pockets

The Cold Steel Pocket Bushman has a very good review from many users

[​IMG]

7. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

We are coming from different directions here,,, no offence

I've got quite a few knives,,, some of them are redundant and some superfluous ,, but none of them are toys. All of them get good use

Last edited by boyo17, Mar 13, 2013
  8. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

That lock is amazing. :D