1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The strongest folding knife available...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Evil D, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Aimless

Aimless Loaded Pockets

It's called "Wild Steer" but there's a bear paw print on it? Or maybe French cows have claws? ;P

Interesting knife, thanks for taking the time to take and post those photos, that's a fair amount of time invested. Add a couple of cogs that do nothing to it and you'd have a Steampunk knife.

sungame likes this.
  2. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

That thing is really cool. I like it as well. They took a fixed blade, and added a pivot so it could fold! Very unique. I think a previous poster asked "why, because they could"? I think yea, it's just because they could. It's not something I would want to have a whole collection of, if they even made different blade styles and sizes, but just to have one? Yea, I can see adding one to the collection because it is so cool and unique. They did a good job with it. Thanks for sharing that. I might not have ever seen one otherwise, and now I'm glad I got to! :)

3. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

At some point you can make a pivot that is stronger than the blade itself, stronger than a fixed blade with an equally thick blade, so I can't really agree with your logic here. Of course, like I said before that wouldn't make for the most light or comfortable carry knife, but the possibility is there. Whether this knife is truly on par with a fixed blade or not is less of a point for me than the fact that it's clearly the strongest folder I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of crazy over built knives. Suffice to say it will do anything a fixed blade can do until you put huge amounts of lateral stress on it, such as heavy prying. At that point you're asking to break any knife. It will baton and chop side by side with any fixed blade.

Gregolem and Cynt like this.
  4. BCGarrick

BCGarrick BST/Marketplace ban

Where can I find one? I like the looks of it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

6. zombieslayer001

Ya'll want a beast of a knife? Crusader Forge is the place to look!

hal_chase and goosefacer like this.
  7. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I love seeing cool and unusual knives and tools... This thing is a beast! Over kill to the maximum! Thanks for this, I enjoyed it.

8. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

CF is a good choice, Dalibor Sirius is a GREAT choice ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anaszi likes this.
  9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

The lock reminds me of some of hferrum's stuff. As far as strong folders go I always thought of balisongs as being super strong. Sure most on the market are made for flipping and can be flimsy, but that is more build quality then design. I think a "hard use" balisong would be kick :censored:

10. Goju

Goju Loaded Pockets

It certainly is a different mechanism, and if you think its for you - have at it.

But my idea of "cool engineering".....don't use 2 parts when 1 will do....

goosefacer likes this.
  11. zombieslayer001

Me Likey!

goosefacer likes this.
  12. PsychRN

PsychRN Loaded Pockets

That review is great. I heard him speak French and what I assume is German...

13. lefty81

lefty81 Loaded Pockets

The selling factor for me would be the uniqueness of the locking mechanism, and the me not really using it factor would be the lack of ease while using. I have been spoiled with OHO knives.

14. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I would figure that having 2 pivots would mean twice the area to distribute the stress, so you may be on to something. I really wish they were legal where I live.

15. TonyL

TonyL Loaded Pockets

As a personal opinion, even if the locking mechanism looks high tech, I will go any given day for an Extrema Ratio. Simple and eficient. The one that cought your attention is way too elaborate, and necessitates a lot of tinkering to open/close.
    Stick to the basics! Keep it simple, this is not a Mercedes Benz !

16. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

OK but you'll be paying twice as much as I did for a knife that will fail LONG before mine will. The "roll lock" is inferior, plain and simple. Also, the screw in bolt doesn't "turn the knife into a fixed blade" as they claim, it simply prevents the knife from being closed and doesn't take ANY force off the pivot and lock, which is why the lock takes damage in this video...

The actual review starts at 1:05

Now, you can do that all day long with the WX and the lock will laugh back in your face. My picture review may make it sound like a lot of tinkering to open and close because I broke it down step by step, but I bet you a knife I can have my WX unlocked and closed before you can unscrew the pin and unlock your R.A.O.

For the record, I don't really see the point of chopping up the bricks in that video, but the chopping on the wooden board is something that an extreme hard use folder should be able to handle, and it was enough to seriously damage that lock/pivot.

17. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

How do you like it so far Evil D?

I completely believe it's the strongest folder to date. Not sure if the level of strength (for me) is needed from say a Spyderco Compression lock upwards. Heck, I can't screw up a Ladybug :p Still, as a piece of engineering kudos to them. :D

18. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I haven't really used it much, weather and work have kept me pretty busy. I totally agree, this is not a knife that will replace ANY of my knives as far as EDC goes, but it will surely be my go to knife for yard work and camping that's for sure. I don't really buy many "hard use" knives unless people consider a Manix 2/Para 2/Military hard use, so this will be the knife I go to when the rest aren't up to the task (which really isn't very often unless i'm outdoors).

Today I've been playing around with the bevel/edge on my 20CP Para 2...and man is that knife screamin sharp lol.

Blerv likes this.
  19. TonyL

TonyL Loaded Pockets

Good point.
    Honestly, I have to accept your comments, but, when you talk about the "trigger" that makes you decide what to order/buy, every human is different. Is a matter of personal oppinion.
    :D

20. MatthewSB

MatthewSB Loaded Pockets

Very interesting, glad you shared this as I've never seen it before.

I'm still not sure what advantage this has over, for example, a ZT 0550 or other quality titanium framelock.