1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The sad story of an EDC hat...

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Minifcar, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Minifcar

Minifcar Loaded Pockets

In 1988 my 8th grade class took a trip to Chicago where I bought a black Michael Jordan ball cap. Not that I wore it everyday, but through the years it was my hat of choice. It always rode shotgun with me. Wore it through high school and aside from a brief period in college where I was unfaithful and wore my university logo hat, it was typically my lid when I needed one.

After 22 years the thing had that vintage look that the kids pay extra for in stores now. It was sun faded from black to brown. The bill was frayed, the plastic size adjustment in the back was taped with black electric tape.

Well, last year I was in Indy at Deercreek (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) to see Pearl Jam. On the way out of the concert I lost the hat in a mass exodus of people. When I noticed I didn't have it, I went back with my EDC flashlight to search for it but 28,000 people were trying to walk across a 20 feet wide bridge to get to their cars. It's really a terribly engineered exit.

Anyways... Never found the hat and my friends were eager to leave. I called them a couple days later but it wasn't in the lost and found.

It was a great hat (older than my girl friend, which she mades fun of my about). I ordered the modern equivalent from Nike. Now I'll have to give it another 22 years of EDC action.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.020187,-84.346944

2. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

I wish i had your problems.

3. Fighting Shibas

Fighting Shibas Loaded Pockets

I feel your pain, can't say I've had a hat for that long, but have had several that were just right, then were gone.

4. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

Never had a ball cap that lasted me more than 3 years of weekend use. For some reason, even with care, the spiny threads (that keep the shape up top) pushes through and end up poking my scalp...

5. pinksalmon

pinksalmon Loaded Pockets

No kidding. lol. reminds me of white people problems.

6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. Reloc8

Reloc8 Loaded Pockets

^ He's referring to www.whitewhine.com I believe.

Basically if you didn't break a bone, suffer a bereavement, have your house burned down, get fired from your job or diagnosed with a fatal disease you're not allowed post about it on the internet.

8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

that makes more sense ;)