1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Quantum DD (and other versions)

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SAKplumber, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Wow looks like a great little light! I do have my doubts about the material the 'titanium' one i made out of tho but hey time will tell. Also, why name it Quantum? Just to get on the Veleno naming bandwagon?

4rmless likes this.
  2. Heywood Floyd

Heywood Floyd Loaded Pockets

Cool looking light.
    Does anyone know if it includes low voltage protection for the LI battery? I couldn't find it on their website spiel.
    Am looking forward to your impressions. :)

4rmless likes this.
  3. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Thanks Westerdutch and Heywood Floyd, I'll do a quick review as soon as it arrives.

I've no idea if it has any kind of protection features, though to be honest, I'm pretty cautious with my li-ions and I didn't think that the Veleno or the DQG lights had over discharge protection.

Heywood Floyd likes this.
  4. Heywood Floyd

Heywood Floyd Loaded Pockets

The Veleno Quantum DDs don't have over discharge protection. I like you are pretty careful with my LI batts and always carry a spare. Since the CooYooQuan looks like a non DD light it would be nice to have cell low voltage protection included in the hard and firmware. That would have been a good feature to promote their offering IMHO.

4rmless likes this.
  5. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Email:
    They are custom non-standard sized Viton o-rings.
    We have them for $1.50 each.

I'm checking on shipping cost. I may just order some extra and distribute them to needy D2'ers.

Bowman1911, 4rmless and Heywood Floyd like this.
  6. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Asked the same question, same answer, same thought!

Heywood Floyd likes this.
  7. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Allright. How many want orings? Tell me how many you want. He said depending on the quantity he might be able to discount them. So the cost to fellow members will be $2.00 or less. Let's get a count and I'll order and distribute them.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  8. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

I'll take a handful CatsTide and can distribute to UK/EU members if needed, depends if that is easier/cheaper than just having Steve ship to US and EU separately.

CatsTide likes this.
  9. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Probably just be cheaper to have him ship yours to you.

10. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

If there isn't any interest in this I'll just bow out. I don't use my DD and my oring is fine. twoisone lives in Canada so it might just be cheaper for him to order a couple direct. If there is interest,I'd be glad to help.

Bowman1911 and twoisone like this.
  11. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks CatsTide for the legwork. I'm just using mine without the oring and I'll keep an eye out for them in other stores. Shipping ends up being not cost effective.

Bowman1911 and CatsTide like this.
  12. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

CatsTide you don't use your DD much or you don't use it anymore? If the latter, I would happily take it off your hands! :)

CatsTide likes this.
  13. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

I don't use it at all but since they're discontinued I'd have a hard time parting with it.:bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

Bowman1911 and LRex like this.
  14. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

Totally understandable! Wish they made more, but it is what it is! :p

CatsTide likes this.
  15. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Are all the ones before the DD titanium?
    Are all the DDs numbered?

[COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Last edited by RGRAY, Aug 28, 2015
  16. Pima Pants

Pima Pants Loaded Pockets

I already have 2 Quantum D2s but just ordered a copper CooYoo Quantum from GearBest. I paid 2 bucks extra for 5 day shipping instead of free shipping which takes up to 25 days. I'll let you know my impressions when I get it.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  17. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your post.
    I just ordered a titanium, a copper and 4 batteries.
    Good price on batteries.

Last edited by RGRAY, Aug 28, 2015
    Pima Pants likes this.
  18. Pima Pants

You are very welcome. I didn't see the extra batteries until a day after I placed my order. I will see how I like the product and then probably order more. I agree; pretty good prices. I didn't know the site existed until it was posted earlier in this thread. I could see ordering more trinkets from them.

BTW...Are you the same RGray that used to be active on the Microholics forum? If so, I bought a Microtech from you several years ago. Just curious.

O_G likes this.
  19. RGRAY

RGRAY Loaded Pockets

Yes, that's me.
    I sold all my Microtechs and Daltons and now I'm collecting flashlights.

20. Pima Pants

I'm very glad to hear that you are the same fella. I was new to the Microholics site and purchased a knife from you. You actually sent the knife before my payment made it to you. I was very impressed by the trust you showed to a new guy. I will never forget that! You made it to the top of my "good guys" list. I hope you are doing well. Take care.