1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Quantum DD (and other versions)

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SAKplumber, Nov 6, 2012.

1. e2dwml

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

^ Ok, that's cool! Want!!!

2. casey pot

casey pot Empty Pockets

it is definitely an awesome feature, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time in Ti and never saw this "moon glow" before then I finaly broke down and just got the DD when I saw this one on the bay.

3. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

Glad you got one casey but the price seems a bit steep. You can buy those new for $60.

4. emcdannell
    • In Omnia Paratus

emcdannell Loaded Pockets

$16 for trits + whatever that moon glow lens costs+ someone else put it in. All and all I think its a fair price if you were gonna do the mods anyway

Sent from my Nexus 4

5. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I was just thinking about that. It actually is a good price.

emcdannell likes this.
  6. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Just got mine today. It's a pretty neat light. I'm trying to decide how safe (strong) the ball chain is for using as a necklace though?

[​IMG]

SAKplumber likes this.
  7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Its tough enough...military has been using it for years. Though, you probably want a longer piece;) lol

joelbnyc likes this.
  8. KuKu

KuKu Loaded Pockets

No Quantum has ever left my hands with GITD installed.
    Kinda makes you wonder how that dude listed it as new in box...

9. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I've got mine on a ball chain. I've only had a ballchain necklace break on me once, and it was because I had it outside of my shirt while working on a HMMWV and it got caught on something.

A good way to make it a bit more comfy to wear and add a touch more strength is to put the ball chain in the shell of a piece of 550 cord. That's how I wear my Quantum DD now, and how I've worn my dog tags for several years. :)

gibbsrule9 and twoisone like this.
  10. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

...and people call me a pencil-necked geek!

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Good to see that the legend of Freddie Blassie lives on. :rolleyes:

12. casey pot

casey pot Empty Pockets

I was planning on the trits myself so I figured it was a good deal even just for that and then the glow lens was just a nice addition. And I assumed the guy had just modded it and put it away. There is no signs of carry on it at all. The sticker is still over the split ring and o ring so I'm sure it had very little use. But I'm in love with it. My favorite of my edc gear. Was rocking the streamlight nano before this and this is a whole new ball game. Granted a whole new price tag too but well worth it. Will be ordering the battery capsule and an extra battery tomorrow. Unless someone has some they want to let go of.

KuKu likes this.
  13. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't like wearing stuff around my neck, but if I did I'd prefer it would break at some point rather than giving people a handle to grab me with whenever it could be useful to them if you know what I mean. I would be careful not to make it too strong, you could accidentally hang yourself with it otherwise.

14. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

I really like my Ti with the Nichia LED, that is such a nice light and SUCH a great beam!

I dont wear it anymore though, prefer my already scuffed up DD...

15. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'm not too worried about it. It stays tucked into my shirt. It wouldn't prevent me from having any less of a handle than I already have by wearing a shirt, and I'm confident enough in my ability to defend myself that it wouldn't matter either way. I prefer to know that it's attached to me.

16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yeah, I don't think it'd be too smart of a guy to get too close to me, either;) The only time I'm really anywhere a person might grab me I have a matriarch in my hand:D

17. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'm not worried about being grabbed. I don't care if somebody gets my wallet, as long as they earn it. :rolleyes:

SAKplumber likes this.
  18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yeah, if they have any distance on me, and they get to me, they will have done so through a rain of .45HPs and if they get my pistol, they'll have to beat me to death with it cause it'll be empty:)

Not mine^^but I've read it a dozen times on the interwebs:D

19. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a handgun. I've been through the CCW class, and I'm certainly a supporter of people having them, but carrying one just isn't for me. They make things too complicated for my personal taste, and I have a lot of pent up aggression that I'd love to get out anyway. Like I said, if somebody wants my empty bank account bad enough, they'll earn it. :) I triple dog dare them.

Idaho Gunslinger and SAKplumber like this.
  20. xyz

xyz Loaded Pockets

I was looking at getting a ball chain too for when I get a DD. According to Wikipedia there is only one manufacturer in the U.S. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_chain) and on their site they list the various tensile strengths (http://www.ballchain.com/chain_sizes.html). Of course, many are also manufactured overseas. If you bought one labeled as mil-std or mil-spec, you can go to assistdocs.com and search for "necklace" (Document ID A-A-55245). There you can download the standard for the Personal Identification Tag (a.k.a. dog tag) and see that they use "number 3" size stainless steel, which would mean 25 lb. tensile strength (at least the ones manufactured by Ball Chain Manufacturing).

MWDP and twoisone like this.