1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Quantum DD (and other versions)

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SAKplumber, Nov 6, 2012.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Silicone ( from a squeeze tube )

Take2 and zebedee like this.
  2. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

Two part epoxy

Fukurai and Take2 like this.
  3. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think I have something in the tool shed that will work then, thanks gentlemen ;)

Now I only have to decide if I'm going with blue or purple *sighs*

edit: I spoke to soon; can anyone tell me if the 8,50 they ask for these in this link is for one or for two vials please? I just want to know how many I need to order.

Last edited by Take2, Jan 9, 2013
  4. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately just one

Take2 likes this.
  5. Here Comes The BOOM

Crap, those are expensive little buggers then!

Good thing I asked I guess, thanks again Toemke!

Fukurai likes this.
  6. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

There are other alternatives: http://www.beta-master.com/
    I ordered from them. Since it's EU, it won't go through customs.

Take2 likes this.
  7. Here Comes The BOOM

Cool, I had been googling quite a bit but couldn't find another source myself. You should lead with that next time ;)

I like the quicker shipping & the price is even a little better too. I was about to go for orange but they don't have that there, purple it is then I guess (assuming the regular blue is purple there too).

edit: I send that German seller an email inquiry and he already got back to me, nice.

In this size he only has the ice blue, green, and UV blue, which I assume is the one on the bottom in this picture:

[​IMG]

Not sure if I'm interested in those, I think I'm gonna have to sleep on it for a night. The ice blue is pretty too but it's also a very cold color, not sure if I want that.

He can get any color btw, but he has no market for the ones he doesn't stock so you'd have to get the minimum order, which is 75 pieces :p

Last edited by Take2, Jan 9, 2013
  8. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

I will tell you the blue does not have much of a glow to it. You might wanna research it a bit more pretty much after Ice Blue they have little to almost no glow

Take2 likes this.
  9. Here Comes The BOOM

Ah thanks, I only just noticed the yield section in that ^^ photo I posted. I assume purple is in the 40% region somewhere too then? Ice blue is becoming more attractive now anyway.

& I just noticed there's a D2 as well :(

Twas a good reminder of why I usually do borderline-obsessive-research instead of buying on a whim :banghead:

10. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

I am not completely sure where purple falls in brightness I would think near Blue. Yea I was in the same spot thinking all these pics where actual brightness even tho all my pistols have Tritium I figured the other colors were just brighter. Needless to say I found out the pics you see in sale ads and people posting they are really over exposing the pics to get color to show up like it is.

And yep there is a D2.... It came out 2 days after I bought my DD lol.... Which I can say it does have a few newer things in it but I like the natural finish on the DD better then the new black finish. I still know I will end up with both lol

Take2 likes this.
  11. Here Comes The BOOM

Haha, same boat aye?

I'm not exactly sure why I'm a bit bummed out now that I discovered there's a D2 as well, it might just be a case of greener grass on other side of fence. Before I decided on the Quantum I had already decided to go for a metal colored EDC light instead of a black one which is usually my default color, but now I want that black one all of a sudden, lol. I might just be beating myself up a bit for the fact that I didn't discover it sooner, I'm not entirely sure if I would have picked the D2 if I had had the choice yet since the DD was already stretching it a bit in terms of what I'm willing to spend on a flashlight.

I should probably just try to enjoy the fact that I've got an awesome flashlight coming my way & stop whining altogether.

I'm sorry if you waisted your time reading all that :p

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

As many of you know my QTC broke and the QuantumDD doesn't function as well as it did before. I had wifey record its functions for you:D

Sorry for all of the light. It seems the iPhone turns it on automatically when you record video.

13. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Steve Ku should send you another one SAKplumber :). This thread is like 200% bigger than his own marketing campaign :p.

14. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

That is weird man, where did you get the QTC from? Didn't know if you actually got a replacement or bought some QTC material. Def something not right, does it function 100% with the QTC out of it?

Also to ask how long did it take you guys to receive your Tritium from Steve??

Last edited by Fate0n3, Jan 11, 2013
  15. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

SAK you got some ****** under your fingernails, thought you were a clean plumbah. Get a brush and clean up.:D This is a JYC post, but nails are dirty.......

SAKplumber likes this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yeah ,it happens, but it shows that I actually do work, contrary to what some of the folks at work think when they see my clean uniforms. AND ITS NOT ******!! Thats not how I roll! :p
    I don't recall how long the trits took to arrive. But the QTC is the original. I may have turned it too high, IDK, but it broke. I posted pics n this thread, but I don't remember the post # and I have to leave shortly, so you're on your own:p
    I removed it and turned it upside down and it works better. It does come on high without it.
    I have corresponded with Craig at Illumination Supply and he is awaiting another order from Steve, ands hopes to have a few pieces of QTC. I haven't bothered him again, but am hopeful that he is gonna get and send me some. I have been given a link to buy some from elsewhere, and I may do that, too. I would like extra, as I told Craig.
    I no longer keep it on my neck...I bought a The Klarus Mini Midas and put the Quantum on my keys. Don't use it as much now, but I must say having the trits makes it easier to find on my keys:D

vegassprky likes this.
  17. KuKu

KuKu Loaded Pockets

I need to visit EDC more often...

Sorry to hear about your problem SAKplumber.
    QTC has been shipped to Craig and he should have them soon.
    Though I must say, I doubt QTC was the problem.
    When testing the D2, I crushed the QTC almost to a powder and it still functioned.
    The most likely cause of the problems in the DD is a loose retaining ring.
    Symptoms of which are exactly like what's in your video.

If anyone has an issue with their light, please email me directly at velenodesigns@hotmail.com

Santero, Take2, gibbsrule9 and 4 others like this.
  18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cool. Good to know. The first time I took it apart was because the led end was rattling. I hadn't noticed it before and found the retainer ring loose. Its tighter now, but I'll try and tighten it up more.
    Though the QTC was broken (a small chip).

19. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

Welp received my Trit yesterday!!!! :bounce: I have to wait till I have a day that there is semi some light outside we have nothing but heavy rain/snow not a drip of sunlight out anywhere my luck of course.

SAKplumber likes this.
  20. gibbsrule9
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Memoria in Aeterna

For such a tiny application why not just go with silicone?