1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The perfect sling bag doesn’t exis….

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by demPho, Jun 8, 2021.

1. FlaRider

FlaRider Loaded Pockets

Well perhaps they will consider consumer input in their next gen bag whenever that might occur. I decided not to give up my search for a small sling bag and did order a Vertx
    Transit Sling which I have been using for a couple of weeks. As far as this type of bag goes I like it much more so than the Viktos. I ordered the forest green which is a real nice color. The admin area and storage is somewhat limited but is perfect for my use. I like the size, ccw area is really good size for firearm and spare couple of mags with great access. However, what is really nice is the very comfortable sling strap. It is well padded and no plastic parts sit on my collarbone. The strap does not rest against the side of my neck as these were the problems with the Viktos. It is also possible to sling the bag over one shoulder if you do not want to use as a true sling type bag. The hook and loop areas are really nice and are placed well. I purchased a zipper pouch with hook and loop to creat more small storage in the admin area. All in all this bag appears to be a keeper.

#81 FlaRider, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    demPho likes this.
  2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Vertx has been a staple for me over the years. I love their design culture and the functionality is unmatched, especially for ccw. I love my transit. If I weren’t so smitten over the Tom Bihn, I might consider going back! I do tend to employ it whenever I’ll need to carry a bag for any length of time on family outings and such. Always wanted the green one. Would love to see some load out pictures! And the versatility options with hook and loop pouches is a definite rabbit hole!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

I just wanted to give a final update on this excellent pack. I just came back from my two-week vacation cruise in Europe that I mentioned previously, and this pack performed just as I had hoped. It held everything I needed for daily tours, and nothing I didn’t. I found myself switching shoulders throughout the day as even a small sling pack can put an uncomfortable/uneven strain on my shoulders/back, but that’s just how sling bags work with my body and isn’t a knock on the pack, itself. My wife even commented on the attractive styling and how it blended in with what the locals wore, which appeals to the grey-man in me, especially while in a foreign land.

Knife-related side note: I didn’t bring any knives at all and didn’t miss them as much as I thought I would. Given the various countries laws and some amount of ambiguity (regional law enforcement has a lot of discretion), not to mention fairly tight cruise ship security, I decided to forego knives, entirely. It turns out I didn’t need them. Granted, the trip went very smoothly, and there’s always the what-ifs and other hypothetical situations, but I never needed a daily blade while on vacation. This trip, anyway.

In case you’re curious, we flew into London, then sailed to Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Sweden, and Poland, then back to London for the flight home.

adnj, demPho and twin63 like this.
  4. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

That’s awesome!! Sounds like an amazing trip! Yours has definitely seen more action than mine, glad to hear it was up to the task. Please tell me you have some pictures of it in action? It’s always nice when we get the wife’s approval, eh?

Interesting take on knives and international travel. I always cringe at the thought of not being allowed my tools. I think you’re probably right that the true need is less than we may think, given our stateside customs.

Thanks for the updates!

5. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Shoot, I didn't get any dedicated pics :oops:. I have pics of me on 3 different days wearing it, but it's slung around behind me (away from the camera), so all you see is the strap. I need to work on my "influencer" skills, lol!

6. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Haha yeah, how else are we gonna get our kick backs from Viktos? Come on man!

LivingUpNorth likes this.
  7. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I was looking at viktos as well.
    I recently had open heart surgery and have a pump installed in my heart, with a cord sticking out of my abdomen, connecting to 2 large batteries.
    They gave me a sling bag, but that's all that fits. Would be nice to fit some EDC items in this bag as well.