1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The perfect EDC screwdriver combo (Wera 813)

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by michaelmcgo, Jun 9, 2019.

1. michaelmcgo

michaelmcgo Loaded Pockets

I have been putting together a compact tool kit lately and my Picquic was way too big to carry. I searched for a functional but compact insert bit holder and fo7nd the Wera 813 (magnetic version, not the pull-to-release version). I've used it a bit with standard (single sided) bits when I happened on this DeWalt full-hex bit that doesn't reduce at all over the whole length. Because the hex doesn't reduce it can insert both ways into the Wera. It's a little thing but when space is at a premium it's really nice!

The bit locks in just as tight as anything else and seems to actually be of higher quality than a standard DeWalt bit. The fit is great on screws and though the black coating wears the steel is very durable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Glad you found something with a 'smaller footprint' for your needs. Wera is a great euro-brand tool, and also one, of exceptional quality. Its amazing, how you can always cobble something together, to improve the over-all functionality of an item.

michaelmcgo likes this.