1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Pen Refill Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by edcfstaff, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Ironclad816

Ironclad816 Loaded Pockets

Dp you think the Techliner can accept the montblanc refill?

2. Ronjaye

Ronjaye Empty Pockets

Thanks for the insights. Was able to reconnect with my friend that has the SureFire and actually pulled the Easyflow 9000 out of it and tried it in the Montblanc... you guys already know the result - couldn't even get the point to come out of the barrel tip without even screwing it together.

I bought this pen from a US Army PX in 1989 and have carried it with me everyday since. But, that EasyFlow 9000 felt sooooooo smmoooootthhhh... Might have to go looking for something to put one into.

Bad Company, Devon Scout and kkay like this.
  3. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

A Fellhoelter tibolt pen will definitely accept a Schmidt easy flow 9000 broad tip refill. That's what I am using in mine.

mercurialpissings likes this.
  4. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

This may already be common knowledge, but since I didn't see it already mentioned in this thread...

The following clicky pens all use the same refill geometry and can swap refills without any modification:
    Uniball Signo 207 and 307
    Bic Velocity Gel
    Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel
    Uniball Jetstream
    Pentel Energel
    Zebra Sarasa
    Tul gel pen

The Pilot G2 (and any pen that uses the G2 refill) can use the refills from the above pens, but the tip will stick out a bit further than normal (this can be corrected by cutting down the refill a bit). The G2 refill will not work in any of the above pens because the refill gets wider halfway between the tip and the ink reservoir. In theory, you could probably modify the above pens with a drill bit to accept the G2 refill, but I've never tried it.

Edit: added Tul to the list.

--flatine

Last edited by flatline, Jan 21, 2017
    #164 flatline, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    twin63 likes this.
  5. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

A 1.0mm ballpoint refill is in my F701 pen. I have an Itoya GEL that isn't doing anything right now. I have determined that the tip fits. But the fat part of the refill is too big to get to the clicky mechanism. It might be something I can get around.
    Because the ballpoint refill doesn't start immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I know it has been mentioned but Zebra Sarasa refills are the same size as G2, UNIBALL Etc and in most cases they write very well!

7. DGGoingUphill

DGGoingUphill Loaded Pockets

The Schmidt P8126 (short rollerball for pens like the Retro 51) fits in the Kaweco Sport and Tactile Turn Slider. Added bonus, zero nocking around in the Kaweco (Parker style can be a little loose in these and I used to put small o-rings on the refill to keep them quiet).

8. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Dollar store update.
    Pens called Jot Gel ink pen 0.7.
    The refills are similar length to G2 or Energel or Uniball. The diameter though is less. Maybe as much as a millimeter. COULD be that if I use one long enough it might be able to be put in an F701. I'll check on that and report.

9. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Shoot. The body of the Jot refill fits in the F701 like it was made for it. The nose however won't go into the nose cap. The shoulder of the refill hits before I can see any tip. Back to the Blue gel refill and the drawing board.