1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Pen Refill Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by edcfstaff, Aug 7, 2006.

1. carry all 4 life

carry all 4 life Loaded Pockets

It does take parker-style refills and thanks very much for your suggestions. I did not realize there are gels that are lefty-friendly.

2. carry all 4 life

There are some pens that are lefty-specific (altered grip area, or design for fountain), but in this case I was referring to a standard refill that dries quickly to avoid the smudging issue many lefties face.

cowsmilk likes this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • The Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ah...that makes sense. I had thought about that when I was pondering what in the world was a left handed cartridge(?) and what it would be like to write left handed.

Reminded me of a joke about a right handed carpenter who kept pulling nails outta the bag and he would use some and then toss some. When asked he held one up, the point to the right and the nail head to the left, and said, "they got these nails mixed up with the left handed ones!" :rolleyes_revamped:

cowsmilk likes this.
  4. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

I'm guessing a left hand friendly refill that doesn't smear.

Are there any allternative refills that can be used in a Fisher Bullet? I have seen a vid on Youtube that shows the cartridge of the Zebra F701 fitting without mod, but from what I have read, the refills for the "F" series are different and will not fit. Can anybody confirm this?

5. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Good point. As a righty I hadn't thought of that.:)

I was thinking about the physical characteristics of the cartridge, not the user experience.

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Zebra F-style refills will fit (all the F-style refills are the same dimensionally), but the Zebra refills are slightly smaller in size at the point, so it will be somewhat sloppy-fitting in the Fisher Bullet. They are the exact same 3.5" length as the Fisher refills.

7. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Hmmm....I have read on a few different sites that the actual refills (the metal ones bought by themselves) do not fit, but when you buy the pen, it comes with a plastic ink cartridge that will fit.

8. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Nope--I have both--they're identical in length and the tips are the same. They're cheap...or just borrow one from somebody with a Zebra F-series pen.

9. masada

masada Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know a catridge that can fit in a countycomm Embassy Pen? I've had enough with the fisher refills, but i cant find anything else that'll fit in it.

10. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Zebra ballpoint F series refill...however, the point area of the Zebra is just slightly smaller, so there will likely be some "slop". Whether it's enough to concern, you'll have to decide yourself.

11. carry all 4 life

Is anyone using a Jetstream refill in a non-jetstream body?

There's been at least one Kickstarter project that does. Wondering what else is out there.

12. T.Mullins

T.Mullins Loaded Pockets

I didn't think they were compatible but I read somewhere that the MontBlanc refills work in the TiBolt?

13. Sleepy

Sleepy Loaded Pockets

I'm using the retractable Jetstream refill in a Uniball Signo 207 Premiere body, and also in a Waterman Hemisphere (rollerball) body. In fact, I think they fit all of the Waterman rollerball bodies.

14. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

I know this posted quite a while ago, but I just wanted to post a 2nd witness that this is a great solution if you want a gel refill in your Fisher bullet. I just received a Zebra JK-0.5 gel refill for a multi pen, and after clipping a tiny bit off the end, it fits great and writes like a breeze. Much better than the Fisher ballpoint cartridges since I don't usually have a need to write upside down or under water.

15. brisboy

brisboy Loaded Pockets

That's fantastic! The one thing I haven't loved is the refills in my space pen. They're not worth the $5 a refill it costs me to get then here.

Sent from my Casio calculator watch. ;p

16. zephyr11

zephyr11 Loaded Pockets

i quite like the schmidt easyflow 9000, but they seem to only be in Medium, any idea if there was ever a Fine version of it?

can't seem to find it anywhere.

17. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Well the ink in my Bullet finally ran out and I got myself some F-301 refills (the metal ones) and they do NOT fit into the Bullet.

18. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Do you have pics of these? There has to be something else going on here

19. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

No working camera. Have you actually put a metal Zebra refill in a Bullet? I'm not the only one who says it can't be done.

20. brisboy

brisboy Loaded Pockets

I thought the suggestion was for the plastic refills trimmed down to fit the length. Keen to know myself.

Sent from my Casio calculator watch. ;p