1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Pen Refill Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by edcfstaff, Aug 7, 2006.

1. wundergussy

wundergussy Loaded Pockets

Refill guys - is there an alternative to Parker Blue Gel that is water-resistant?

2. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I just got the Parker Style Schmidt P900 Blue Broad refill. It's really smooth and non blobbing..not overly broad but
    a nice point and line size. The only surprise with it is the blue color; it's a very light blue..the
    line width makes up for the lightness a bit... There is no trace of purple (like the EZFlow) or darkness (like a dark Fisher ballpoint blue). I really surprised as the Schmidt EZFlow 9000 tends more toward purple.

I'll try the refill for awhile but I may not be able to get over the dull blue color. Some may like it; it reminds me of the
    early Parker refills before Gillette and Newell Rubbermaid took over.

bluedevil76 likes this.
  3. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Please excuse me if this was discussed, is there a compatible gel refill for a Fisher space bullet? Love the form factor of the pen but not crazy about ballpoints and have no need to write underwater or upside down at this point

4. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I don't know of any gel refills in the Fisher refill size.. There are many in the Parker refill size.

5. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I had to edit that damned thread title. The misspelling was annoying the h311 out of me.

mooshisho and xbanker like this.
  6. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Solution: Clip 1/4 inch from a Zebra G-301 refill. It fits pretty close to perfect and it doesn't get near the seal at the gel reservoir.

7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

You could modify another brand of gel refill, but you might be better served by an Ohto Tasche needlepoint ballpoint. They take standard Parker & Parker-style gel refills and are a well made pen, similar in concept to the space pen (modestly longer).

8. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Looks like a great option. Right now I'm really happy with the Fisher retrofitted with the clipped Zebra G-301 refill. Seems pretty indestructible and I can carry it any pocket comfortably. But being an unrepentant pen addict, I'll likely end up with an Ohto Tasche as well. :)

9. spyder343

spyder343 Empty Pockets

I have the same question, but for the Fisher AG7. I love the form factor and the weight of the AG7, but I'm a lefty and the Fisher ink seems to smear. I don't have the same problem with gels. Any thoughts?

10. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Loaded Pockets

I have always used a Waterman as my dress pen and various Zebra pens for my work pen until someone gave me a Parker Urban which became the only pen I wanted to use. I'm not terribly fond of the pen but the Parker Gel ink writes smoother than anything I've ever had and it dries quickly preventing smearing. Now I'm looking for pens that take the Parker gel refills. I've found that the Schrade Tactical pen will accept the parker gel refill. Are there any others?

11. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

The list of pens that take the Parker style refills is huge....many of the pens discussed in this forum take that type. A point of confusion always is the Fisher refill that becomes Parker style with a white adapter that the refills typically come with. So
    a popular pen here; the Maxmadco , takes Parker Gels but also holds the Fisher refill (with the white adapter) quite nicely.

FYI; I'm trying out the black Parker gels this week as they are more permanent than the blue. Never did find an equivalent to the Parker blue gels that was water resistant.

12. TangoAlpha

Thanks for the info, RMinNJ. I hope the black gels work for you. I'm looking forward to checking out the Maxmadco! Thanks again.

13. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

Will it fit in a Zebra Expandz?

14. TangoAlpha

Parker quinkflow refills work in all zippo pens.

15. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone. I am interested in the Staedtler Triplus Mobile Office Set which you can search for on jetpens but I am concerned with finding refills for the ballpoint. It takes a refill called the Staedtler 457 which you can find on Staedtler's site, but I can't seem to find those refills for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of compatible refills that might fit this pen that are more easily available? Thanks!

(Also, anyone know why I can't post links? I get an error that says something about an approved domain list.)

16. jeffmcc

jeffmcc Loaded Pockets

Fisher is compatible with Parker with and adapter. Please enlighten me with a photo and where I can get such a noble adapter.

17. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

A parker pen can take a fisher refill with an adapter.. The adapter is a small cap that comes with the fisher refill when you buy them :)

18. carry all 4 life

carry all 4 life Loaded Pockets

I have a rotring 600 from the early 90s. I'm curious if there's a refill for it that would be better for a lefty.

[​IMG]

19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

If it takes the Parker style refills then the black Parker gel (not blue) is quick drying. Otherwise I reccomend
    the Easyflow 9000. They dry quite quickly on anything but the the smoothest paper.

20. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got to ask, did you mean a pen refill for a left handed person or a left handed pen? I didn't realize there was a difference with regards to pens.

If there is truly a difference, I'll plead ignorance as I'm a righty.:)