1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Pen Refill Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by edcfstaff, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

Yes, I did try it out the flight refill sits within my F-701 at this very moment.
    The ink is very smooth and I tried it out on wet paper to great success, no smudges.
    I am curious as to what the "low viscosity" ink is made of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

2. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

The flight comes in 1mm and 1.2mm sizes that I know of so I don't think it will last overly long but the pen cost a little over a dollar so getting refills isn't a great expense.

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Without firsthand knowledge on that particular pen refill, I would bet that it is the same or similar to the hybrid ink (ala Jetstream/Zmulsion, etc) that many pens use now. What point size refill are you using?

4. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

To be honest I do not know, it isn't marked on the pen or on the refill, my son gave me the pen so I didn't see the package.

5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Thanks for sharing this info. I may give the F-701 one more go. I take it the refill being thin, it must extend up inside the clicker mechanism, thus the reason for cutting it 1/4" longer than the stock refill? Did you have to remove the plastic insert in the tip of the F-701 before installing or did you leave it intact?

6. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

yes it does go up inside the clicker mechanism that's why it has to be longer than stock refills and the plastic spacer in the tip is intact, there is no wobble at the tip as is and it fits like a glove.
    give it a shot, you may be pleasantly surprised with the writing experience.

ox71

Tesla likes this.
  7. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I've had more than a few G2 refills leak.
    Never in a pen with a cap.
    But I had one that had never leaked in my bolt action pen and this morning I noticed a dark spot on my chest and that pen has a leak.

Going to try Pentel Energel because we have them at the store. Next time at Wal-Mart I'll get some other refills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

8. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

So far quite happy with Energel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

9. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Loaded Pockets

I have one in my Karas Kustom Bolt. They are my favorite writers, but sometimes the spring is a bit temperamental.

As soon as I got it I swapped out the G2 refill for the Pentel Energel one and it worked perfectly. When that one ran dry I put in a new one and I couldn't get the bolt action to work right. The spring it comes with has fewer and looser twists than the Pentel one. I swapped out springs and I still have to kind of work it in.

10. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I went to Energel because I was getting G2 leakers. This is the pen I carry most.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I use one in a rOtring 600 rollerball and it works really well, better than a Pilot G2.
    [​IMG]