1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Pen Refill Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by edcfstaff, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

No, the blobby issue doesn't bother me that much. It's the fact that ballpoints in general don't write darkly and smoothly like gel or rollerball. I actually find the Fine points more objectionable for that reason--lots of drag & not enough ink on the page. I've used fountain pens in the past, but they are too much of a :censored:. I've pretty much settled on gel or rollerball or hybrid ink styles for day-to-day use. We are lucky in this day & age--there are so many choices out there that everyone can have a quality writing instrument that suits their needs.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Thankfully I am ever so happy with G2
    .7mm!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. timebomb

timebomb Loaded Pockets

4. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Essentially, no...you can probably drill out the tip with a #38 drill bit to accept a Fisher Space Pen refill (they are same size except for tip diameter). They write anywhere, anytime, any position....crappily ever after. There is not really a good (one that writes well) refill for this pen and the F style Zebra refills have to be restarted every time you write with them, which is a deal=breaker for me....you know the deal--YMMV

timebomb likes this.
  5. timebomb

timebomb Loaded Pockets

Thanks, Tesla! I'll skip on this one and try the mini version which accepts D1 refills. What do you like as far as D1s?

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

The Schmidt Easy Flow D1 refills are great in my book...the Jetstream D1 refills are good, as well...both are Hybrid ink, which writes very smoothly like gel, but unlike gel, it won't wash off easily, which is a consideration if you might get a document wet.

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

+1 for Schmidt Easy Flow refills!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Zebra earlier Japanese version R-301 takes Pilot G2 gel and Pelikan Rollerball refills

9. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

I had modified a gel pen refill for my original zebra F-701 and it fit perfectly with a little bit of duct tape around the top of the refill to fit the barrel a little tighter but I lost that one and I recently replaced it and bought zebra F(07) medium black and they seem to write nicer than the stock refill, does anyone else have this experience?[​IMG]

ox71

10. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Nope, I've tried all their different widths, including the broad. They all suck. They usually have to be restarted each time they're used and the black is...well....gray. Which is a shame because the F701 is a great pen body. Perhaps one day Zebra will wake up and come up with a metal-body version of the G301, which IS a great writer.

11. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

I had a 301 and it did write very well.
    the black is lightly colored but it has started up fine every time so far
    with no gaps or stops.
    I found the refills in the logbook aisle in a truck stop along with the pen.
    I'll take a picture of the package card when I'm home, perhaps these refills are not available at common big box stores.

ox71