1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The 'Peak Eiger Flashlight' Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by olletsocmit, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

Is anyone still using their Eiger? I've been looking for a Nichia model but Peak hasn't responded to my email.

2. dansciurus

dansciurus Loaded Pockets

I still use mine pretty much every day. I also had some time for them to respond to emails. Give it a few sends and I'm sure they will get back to you. I have the nichia qtc medium optic with the chain and plunger ends. Also the prometheus titanium clip fitted. My favorite light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It burns when I tapatalk

Flint HIlls likes this.
  3. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Tony Sal, Flint HIlls and dansciurus like this.
  4. Flint HIlls

Wow, both look super cool! EDB, what did it look like before you cleaned it up? Lol!

I really want a copper but they don't make it with the momentary plunger. Guess i'll have to go brass.

Do you guys have an email contact for them that works?

EveryDayBeer likes this.
  5. Flint HIlls

Are you guys using 10440 or regular aaa?

6. dansciurus

I have both but unless I'm going to try to impress somebody, I use lithium energizers. Or eneloop but mostly just l92 energizer lithium AAA. Buy them almost anywhere. Better runtime with aaa primaries. DON'T use regular alkalines in this light though. It's too nice to ever save pennies by using crap alkaleaks. Lithium only. Now it's not a rule, but it's something to live by. Put premium fuel in premium cars, same with lights.

It burns when I tapatalk

7. dansciurus

By the way I have to ask how you got that patina. I have played with mine but never got it to look that intricate. Ended up just going back to Polish and let it age from there.

It burns when I tapatalk

8. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Mine is an Ultra X so it only uses 10440. The same two I got with the light, for a few years now, haven't needed to buy more yet. It's actually too much light for what I do now? Used to be platform inbound and it was great for container counts on 53" trucks, throw all the way to the nose.

The patina is simply a hardboiled egg smashed up, throw both into a plastic baggie and leave it for a day or so. You can pull it earlier for a "lighter" effect. Maybe even pattern it if you have the patience. I was cleaning it up to get the egg off, washed with soap and water and worked just fine.

[​IMG]
    Here's a work pic of the front end finally. The weird thing is it looks gritty but still is smooth.

MKLight, Rainy and dansciurus like this.
  9. gurdygurds

gurdygurds Loaded Pockets

Anyone know if the older Matterhorn single 5mm lights can be run on the newer Eiger QTC bodies? Also does anyone run an Eiger sub zero with QTC? I recently got my first Peak, an aluminum Eiger with a warm hi cri LED and QTC. I like it enough that I ordered another Eiger level 2.

10. bmstrong

bmstrong Loaded Pockets

How often does the Peak stuff go on sale? It's a bit more than similarly priced lights...

Tony Sal likes this.