1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The 'Peak Eiger Flashlight' Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by olletsocmit, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Hope you got an answer by now but if confused the Mule (no reflector; beam pattern like iPhone "flashlight") and Nichia219 are exclusive to Oveready. I understand that LED is available in other heads besides the mule from OR.

They also seemingly have an XPL in cool avail in the larger "turbo" head which uses a Logan sized optic. The XPL is like an XML but used the footprint of an XPG. More lumens but more floody.

So Peak terminology is already a nightmare without Oveready making up their own names :p. The most throw you will get for Eigers is the Ultra (large head) X (10440 only, more lumens than normal) and XPG cool (most efficient tint) with the narrow optic.

The Nichia is going to be less lumens than a cool white XPG and comparable to an XPG neutral; at least at normal AAA power. IMHO tho you won't notice the difference between 60ish and 80ish lumens (if it's even that close) so go with your preferred tint.

If I had to suggest a combo for anyone it would be the normal head and N219 in the normal driver (AAA or 10440). If it was available in the larger ultra head that would be cool too as I love the look and throw plus it's easier to turn. The N219's tint is almost impossible to not like. Some may prefer a touch cooler or warmer but it's never "offensive" while being efficient and high cri.

tfbraden, Doraemon and uofaengr like this.
  2. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

3. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Does anyone know if the ultra copper head can be purchased alone? I already have another copper body.

4. Roguehunter

Roguehunter Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure if they sell ultra head separately but when i bought a eiger flash light i email'd Robyn for a additional head with nicha. They quoted me through paypal and got it.

twoisone likes this.
  5. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

6. wabash

wabash Loaded Pockets

what is that knife?

Puinsai likes this.
  7. tde

tde Loaded Pockets

GEC Beer Scout with bone scales. Beautiful knife. Reidar has one, too. :)

Puinsai and tfbraden like this.
  8. kikissabiz

kikissabiz Loaded Pockets

Can anyone help me posting pic head to head size comparison between eiger copper ultra and maratac aaa ? I'm planning to order this cool flashlight, and was thinking to pocket carry it since i'm a small asian guy. Will it fit to my jeans pocket?
    Thanks.

tfbraden likes this.
  9. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I can't give you a picture of that combination but might be able to assist a bit.

The Eiger Ultra head uses a Logan optic. Basically the head itself is the size of an AA/CR123 flashlight head.

Since *most* EDC AAA's and AA's are similar dimensions (within a mm or so since few have turbo heads). Basically they are about the size of the battery plus half an inch for the reflector. If you don't have an AA light I would toss an AA cell in your pocket and see how it carries different than an AAA cell. For me, it's a huge difference.

In my opinion the Eiger Ultra carries very comfortably. It's fairly light and only a small part of it is "wide". It's only slightly more noticeable than an AAA light with a normal sized head. I don't carry AA or CR123 lights in my jeans pocket anymore as I can notice them whereas the AAA's simply disappear.

kikissabiz likes this.
  10. kikissabiz

It's a very useful thought.
    Thanks Blerv for the respond.

Blerv likes this.
  11. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

12. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

I have an older Eiger on the way with the Gen 1 QTC in it and I think I'd like to replace it with the new version. Anyone know where I can order just the QTC pill?

I'd also like to get a stainless momentary switch but one site says they only sell them with the body because of fitting issues? Anyone know more about this?

I'm pumped though, I have an aluminum pocket body, stainless keychain body and a stainless Nichia 219 head coming. :)

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had to get the Pill' on Ebay.
    I lost one when it slipped out of the light never to be seen again.
    No one who sells the lights would help me at all.
    he upside was that I got 10 of them and it was an easy install so now I have backups!

Flint HIlls likes this.
  14. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

Thanks, any chance you could PM me a link of what I need? Do those work just as well as the original?

15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just search for them on Ebay and those tiny flecks are what you want.
    Mine barely worked before when it was brand new and does work now so I would say they work great!
    I still can't accept that they do not test them before selling so they are certain to work when new but mine sure did not?

Flint HIlls likes this.
  16. kikissabiz

So, yesterday i got my peak eiger copper ultra and notice that there is no qtc pills inside the body like quantum dd,
    instead of little white plastic disk with small metal centered. what i'm asking is there 2 version of qtc on peak eiger's model?
    is that disk can be removable for maintenance? considering qtc tends to crush in long time usage.
    by the way my eiger is working normal with smooth ramping for low to high. just like my QDD.
    this thread needs to be revived.;)

17. jabe1

jabe1 Loaded Pockets

The Q tC material is inside of that small delrin disc, or "pill". It can be removed and the material replaced if necessary.

18. kikissabiz

thanks for the info man, I appreciate it.

19. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

How long does the QTC last? Does it ever wear out?

kikissabiz likes this.
  20. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Almost forever. I have more compressions on my brass and copper Eiger than any other light and it works like day one. The copper was more finicky but that was fixed with a square QTC tab on the negative post.

kikissabiz likes this.