1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The 'Peak Eiger Flashlight' Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by olletsocmit, Nov 29, 2012.

1. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Yep, that what it means :)

Best to not go below 3.6v, where the Li-Ion cell is (nearly) empty.

There can be significant safety issues when recharging Li-Ion cells that have been discharged too far (excessively low remaining voltage).

2. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Nichia 219 = favorite all-time tint.

KAMM, Blerv and derfyled like this.
  3. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

Awesome, thanks guys! One more annoying question before I order. (Last one, I swear!)

Does anyone know if the Prometheus clip (http://darksucks.com/store DS_PeakClip.html) is compatible with flat tailcap body style, or only the keychain and/or lug body styles?

4. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Not lug or pocket/flat; only the keychain/momentary button body.

5. RobME

RobME Loaded Pockets

In layman's terms; Yes.

6. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Is that a 2xaaa ?
    I didnt know that was an option from Peak. What model please?

7. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

8. Noddy

Noddy Empty Pockets

I have a nice floody one with a lug in aluminium and with a steel head

I'd really like a narrowbeam, tailstander Ultra, in brass with a steel head ... wonder if that last part is do-able :)

9. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I only have one Peak, the Matterhorn. I'll get an Eiger some day.

[​IMG]

oedipus1978 and Gnarly like this.
  10. thwippa
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at these for a while now, and it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.
    A couple of things have to be sorted out first though.
    I can't figure out how ordering a momentary works (do they just give you one with the keychain body? Do you order it separately from the light itself? I haven't seen an option for it...)
    I need to know which would be the best fit for a Skinth, and where to pick up a clip for it.
    I'm kind of on the fence about QTC (leaning toward getting a pill though).

Gnarly likes this.
  11. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

slap me but why are these lights so nice

Syclone1436 and Gnarly like this.
  12. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

With Oveready you just buy that particular body (key) and add the momentary switch for $12. In the comment field I would say which you prefer to have installed and perhaps if you dont want the keychain they can give you a credit (??). For Peak I would email them and ask and Robyn, Curt or Bob will likely give you a custom quote.

The QTC Gen2 pill is awesome and IMHO is about 80% of a magnetic ring minus the complexity and parasitic drain. I just sent my body in for a re-bore ($6) and pill upgrade because it had the Gen1 which wasn't as silky. Awesome service considering at $6 that's only paying for shipping.

I ordered a pocket-body Brass Eiger for a friend and they were waiting for them to be machined so Robyn sent me a lug body and said she would mail out a pocket one for free when it was done.

They are more or less factory lights with custom options. Peak is a small shop; Oveready lists about 8 people which do everything from sales to assembly of each light. That's just my understanding so I could be wrong though.

* Made in America with a Lifetime warranty
    * Body and head material choice (seperately even) in SS, Brass, Alum HA, and sometimes in Titanium
    * Body and head style choice (keychain, lug, flat/pocket with momentary switches). In some shaved or knurled texture.
    * Choice of at least 3 LED's: Cool XPG2, Neutral, High CRI. Often choice of red XPE or Nichia 219 high cri.
    * Choice of at least 2 optics (wide or narrow). Logan/Eiger can have Mule heads which are shorter without optics. Eiger can have a large turbo head similar to the logan.
    * Often choice of power: QTC is a level 8 that ramps from sub .01 lumen to max. Often an "X" is offered which is driven much harder for Li-Ion only. Non QTC models are on-off style in power settings from 1-8 for long runtime or max bright.
    * Wide voltage range: Non-X models typically allow .8-4.2v or so meaning you can use an Alkaline or a 4.2v lithium and the only difference is brightness and runtime. This also means in many lights (Logan 17500) they have an adapter kit which will allow about 5 different battery types.

No, they don't have tactical strobes but they have a rustic fun approach to them. Similar to the Jeep Wrangler while changed over the years provides rustic bumpy fun for not much money.

enki_ck, archimedes and Gnarly like this.
  13. customh

customh Loaded Pockets

Thing that sucks is Peaks customer service. Great lights but their site is pretty confusing. I ordered my light straight from them and wanted a certain level since they sent me the wrong one and Robin said send it back with a note. Did that and never saw or heard anything again. Sad, but ended up buying the SS lev 8 head secondhand on another forum. Ended up working out since I put the SS clip on. Buy from overready so you have some recourse. Impossible to get ahold if peak for customer service.

14. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

I'm using a #6 steel head on an Al body. That gives it a lot of weight savings while maintaining a tough head as it swings about on my keychain. It runs on a Energizer AAA Lithium, since it gets cold where I live. =)

EDIT: I guess that's standard for the lights from oveready.com. My light is a few years old. I might have to get an upgrade! =)

Last edited by kirbysdl, Dec 4, 2012
  15. olletsocmit

olletsocmit Banned

Bump. More pics? Can't decide on AAA or AA body

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

16. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

great light,, el captain in brass,, AA dark suck pocket clip,, perfect for any thing

oedipus1978, Gnarly and Blerv like this.
  17. olletsocmit

olletsocmit Banned

Engine/head: small mule vs small optic... What's the dif? Ordering and dunno what to choose

18. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Mule is total flood, no optic or reflector at all. Narrow optic will have the most "throw" to the beam (but still a fair bit of spill)....

19. olletsocmit

olletsocmit Banned

Want to order one now, but can't decide. It's gonna be my EDC light (right pocket every day)

I can't decide between the Peak Eiger (AAA) or Logan (AA). I am just worried the Eiger will last like 30 min and the Logan will be too big. Ugh

20. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

I've carried the Logan as EDC ... not a "keyring" light (like the Eiger), but no problem for pocket carry :)

EDIT - if you want an even smaller Logan, you could order the CR123A tube (instead of the 17500/AA tube).