1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The one that got away -- darn it!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by xevious, Jul 18, 2020.

1. xevious

xevious Loaded Pockets

I don't know how many of you folks buy used knives from forums or auction sites, but I've picked up a few nice specimens this way while saving a good bit of $$.

I've actually scored a few deals here & there, my best being a Spyderco Vrango. But... on occasion, I've either just missed a deal (spotted it after auction end) or saw one but hesitated a little too long--snapped up by someone else. For a while, I've been hunting after a Spyderco Spydiechef as an alternative to the Slysz Bowie (now unobtainable at a decent price), and I keep missing good deals. One guy nabbed one at $100 (about an hour after listing), and another scored one at $113 (less than 2 hours after listing)! Of course, there's always the risk of some hidden or undisclosed abuse, but if feedback score is excellent then a good deal can be had.

What's a knife you were aiming to get but missed out on & still regret?

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Once saw a custom leuku I really wanted. But I think if I had bought it, my wife would have killed me. Still regret it, but my marriage is worth more.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

colin.p and xevious like this.
  3. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

I always wanted a Doug Ritter RSK MK3 (Benchmade). They were available for years at $165. I don't regularly use or carry fixed blades, so I kept using the money for something else. Every couple of months, I'd get the itch and go add one to my cart, but never pulled the trigger. Now, they aren't available and they auction for more than I'm willing to pay.

[​IMG]

That Movie Guy and xevious like this.