1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official Atwood collectors thread, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by powernoodle, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

I've got a couple of neat cards, but this one is the best of all:

[​IMG]

2. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

:lolhammer: :lolhammer: :lolhammer: I love Peter's smiley ~ very cool Rick O0

3. jodj

jodj moved on with life

Rick, it takes a true man to edc that . . . um . . . tool. So, are you going to keep watching Idol now that Megan's gone?

4. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

You're right a true man! :laugh:

I missed AI tonight so I didn't know Megan had gotten voted off. Thanks for the bad news! :( lol! I saw it coming though!

5. jodj

jodj moved on with life

Didn't watch it either -- but it was at the top of yahoo news when I signed on. Sorry to spoil it for you and anyone else who TiVo-ed the episode.

6. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

This selection would be highly valued by both - cards and tools collectors :bow:

7. exit14a

exit14a Empty Pockets

pick a card any card :D

[​IMG]

8. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Loaded Pockets

ok. i don't know too much about these and i have not read all 52 pages of this thread and i don't want to get flamed out for my question. why do these things cost so dang much? i really like the looks of the mini son of prything but i really can't see shelling out over a hundred bucks for something like that. :broke: its' just so small that i would think it's actual usefullness would be somewhat limited. otherwise it looks like a really great little keychain tool. :shrug:

9. DSC

DSC Banned

Yeah, they're not for everyone. And I mean this in the nicest possible way...I really do -- but if you think they're overpriced (to you), you're probably right. Atwoods don't have the same appeal to everyone and some people don't appreciate them as much as others.

And I really, really, really am not trying to sound like a jerk...like I said, I mean that in the best way. People like different things. Some are willing to pay a lot more for a handcrafted tool, made in small batches and others would rather get by with a $3 bottle opener. That doesn't mean anything though.

10. mirek

mirek Loaded Pockets

Besides many other aspects, one of advantages is: your invested money does not lose its value (on the contrary to electronics, cars, shares, girls...), you can always sell atwoods and get (at least, but usually more) what you spent.

11. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Loaded Pockets

i realy like the whistles but his site says they're discontinued. :mad: i'd be willing to pay what those cost for a good ti whistle. maybe one of these days when i'm rich i'll start buying his stuff but for now for me they are a little out of my price range. the prythings small and large and the whistles are about the only ones i could see myself actually using.

12. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

Too much time on my hands (thinking of atwoods)

[​IMG]

13. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Nice work. I can't wait to get my Superbug.

14. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

This question seems to come up from time to time and its a legitimate one. You shouldn't get flamed asking it the way that you did, as it's clear you really just want honest input. I've said that just about any EDC items talked about on this board has a HUGE price range. There are people who pay $500+ for custom knifes and $200+ for flashlights, and use them. (I personally could never cut anything with a $500 knife.)

Obviously Atwoods aren't for everyone. But if you can get one direct from Peter as part of a release, you can get a nice tool for $40, $50 or so. And it's a high quality, handmade item. And for some people, having one is all you need. So it's a one time $50 expense that will last you a lifetime. How many times have you spent $50 on a night out that lasts...a night out?

The mini son of prything and tools like that are older, and no longer being produced by Peter...at least in large quantities. So their higher price is because they are collectibles, driven up by supply and demand, etc. He has more Superbugs (what ajacobs just posted) coming out in the next few days. You can score one of those for $50 + shipping. If you do, I bet you'lll end up trying to get another one of his creations shortly thereafter. It's addicting.

15. gern_blanston

gern_blanston Loaded Pockets

16. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the addiction. Please note though. The whistles are hard to come by and sought after by many more and IF you manage to find one. Do not expect to pay what the original price was. If you really want one, you are going to have to be "willing" to open your pockets a bit more.

17. stillphoto

stillphoto Loaded Pockets

All I've got to say...
    [​IMG]

18. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Wow...talk about MACRO :)

No really....what's your secret on gettin them so darn tootin fast eh!?

19. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Maybe he has a tent pitched in Peter's backyard? :lolhammer:

20. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't doubt it for 2 seconds, :laugh:

I think it's great that some people get stuff early!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.