1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official Atwood collectors thread, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by powernoodle, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Speaking of your new shot glasses, Peter, I found an old picture from your blog back in May of '07 that I thought would fit well in this thread.

Pretty sweet design, but I have to say, I like the BigShot a bit better. :)

[​IMG]

I wonder...where did this one ever end up? :rolleyes:

Heath

2. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

Hey Peter, thanks for stopping in and giving us an update. :)

3. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Here's another shot of the BigShot.
    You will be very surprised how HEAVY these are.

4. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

5. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Hey Barry, glad to see you finally got the pic of your Shiner posted.....here's mine! I think it looks like a benthic sea creature, if you ask me...

[img width=640 height=426]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/piekkola/pic%20a%20day/day77.jpg[/img]

6. uni2uniknot

uni2uniknot Empty Pockets

Nicely done DB...really coool looking benthic sea creature. I thought about laying glow material into the eye, however, I would really like to fish this one and I need the eye to tie or clip onto.

Uni2

7. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu Loaded Pockets

Very nicely done DB. I am always impressed with your mad GITG skilz :) I too will try out my luck with the powder for the first time on mine. May shoot you a pm with help questions ;)

Uni. . . Just can't express how much I want to see you catch something with that bad boy. Great work on that.

Peter, thanks for the update!! I am drooling over my inbox waiting :lolhammer:

Lastly, my whistle-less-ness is now over. I finally have my first whistle. :woohoo: It is a SS tactical. This is the first thing that brought me to Peter's site and started my addiction. I really want to hang this baby by my keys and keep her with me always and start looking for another one to put in the collection. Any of you have yours for an EDC. How banged up does it get next to your keys?? Or should I put it up??

[img width=640 height=480]http://www.beetlebugger.com/Pictures/Atwood-Tactical-whistle.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.beetlebugger.com/Pictures/Atwood-Tactical-whistle1.jpg[/img]

8. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Use it. The best Atwoods are the ones with character although the whistles don't get character easily. I've had my Atwood whistle on my keys for 2 years or more and there may be one ding to note. It has seen many wars in my pocket with other Atwoods (yes, they fight amongst each other), my Leatherman Micra, my Fenix LD01, as well as numerous keys. It has survived so far and you looks just like it did when I got it.

Heath

9. phoenix.stu

10. exit14a

exit14a Empty Pockets

Glad you finally found one Stu :highfive:

11. phoenix.stu

Thanks Paul. I am so stoked about it :)

12. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

You can't be a true Atwood collector without a whistle!! Great score!! :D

13. Peter Atwood

Peter Atwood Empty Pockets

The stainless whistles hold up incredibly well. I still have the original hand turned one and I carried that thing for a couple of years. Nothing but a few swirlies on it. ;D The brass is softer so it doesn't stay scratch free for long. The ti ones are in between.

14. Enkidu
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

I have no doubt you would make a enormous amount of people happy if you would make one more run of the SS whistles..

Including me!!! ;D

15. phoenix.stu

Thanks Peter. Your input on that is truly appreciated. Gonna throw her on my key ring right now! :)

16. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I don't have an Atwood whistle yet and if I did I would go with a stainless one for sure but I currently have a whistle that was made via CNC(kind of looks like a small Stanley Cup) and I keep that around my neck via Stainless steel 30" ball chain and don't even notice it's there!!!

Nice find though! I wish I pulled the trigger on one just like it for $100 plus shipping a month or two ago.

17. uni2uniknot

uni2uniknot Empty Pockets

Thanks Peter...I can't wait to field test the Shiner...come to think of it...I can't wait to field test the Big Shot either!

LOL!!!

:roof:

18. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

I still want an Atwood recorder. It would be about twice as long as a whistle, with a few extra holes. They would make excellent signaling tools while hiking. Different pitches can be understood to have different meanings and thereby allow communication without shouting or a radio.

This post probably belongs in the wishlist thread, but I am too lazy to go post it there. :shrug:

19. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

While we're on the topic of things you put your mouth to...

I'd love to see an Atwood tactical knurl stainless steel or titanium drinking straw! ;D

Heath

20. DSC

DSC Banned

I would buy those. I go to football games (and a lot of other places) often that do not have straws.

I was told by a waitress friend once that they don't like giving out straws because people drink their drinks faster. Means they have to refill more often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.