1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official 3 Good Things / Good Vibes thread of 2014!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by cowsmilk, Dec 30, 2013.

1. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

:ninja: @kertap75 good grasshopper

scbubba, warchild, snowkiwi and 4 others like this.
  2. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Yah, I noticed that! but its cool too, like they are thinking of the next 12 years, probably a way of encouraging the kids to look forward to staying in school... I've never seen a graduation for kindergarten before either, thats a sweet concept in itself! Congrats to you and the young lady!

Makes me feel oooollllddd for some reason... ;) 12 years is 12 years, but its relatively really not that far away either... And I just know I'm gonna feel it a LOT more when 2026 actually gets here too... :rolleyes::rofl:

BTW, Happy Birthday!!! :Juggle:

@svfd17 Congrats on the Aniversary coming up! :cool:

3. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Hey sorry I missed it Keith but a big happy birthday buddy.

Sent via Tapatalk from a nice hobbit hole... Now MY BEAR CAVE !

scbubba, vegassprky, warchild and 4 others like this.
  4. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Well done to your little one. what ugly guy? Nah! all I can see is a very proud happy smiling parent :)

5. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Bart! .... Hmm?

Mr Bartman, Sir I do recall a similar explanation of yours to me of said ninja-like activity. I will paraphrase: " your unnatural ursine-flightless-bird brain is far too undeveloped to comprehend this secret code" ....ok parts , or all of this may have been exaggerated. But I'm glad others @kertap75 did not at first get, the BART ninja-like code of 2014

:);):D:p

Edit BTWJK Bart. I know you don't think that! I mean you know I'm pure ursine! Just with a flightless bird name! :);)

6. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

@ AKadventurer
    @Snowkiwi
    Thank you both for the birthday wishes.

scbubba, vegassprky, warchild and 3 others like this.
  7. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

;). Just having a little fun poking the bear.

And I was going to post the real answer the next day so you would get it right away.

8. Grinch

Grinch Banned

finally got all paperwork process with client , and i placed my first order today for my business . Now i just have to wait two weeks for manufacturing and production before it arrives . Getting closer to reaching my first goal of listing the product for sale . Keeping my fingers crossed for a good start in my new adventure .

scbubba, sungame, swany66675 and 5 others like this.
  9. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Good luck with the new venture. Looking forward to seeing what you have on the go.

10. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Nice one grinch. Finding something that works, some niche maybe and then being out on your own has gotta be a pretty awesome feeling:cool:

11. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

No worries mate - This ole bear enjoys a good old poke by a friend... a poke by the fun stick I mean.

Edit: NO! Not that fun-stick, :eek: put that thing down...dont know where its been :(. Pick up that other stick, the good humour stick... there ya go! :D right on the tummy:p, Teehee:giggle:

scbubba, svfd17, swany66675 and 3 others like this.
  12. Grinch

Grinch Banned

Not quite out on my own yet ,but moving in the right direction . I own the business , but not the product or company that makes it . I just thought it would be nice to let someone else do the grunt work for a change . I just order it and stock it than sale it . it was cheaper this way instead of making it , so it was a win win from both sides .:D

scbubba, ran23, swany66675 and 4 others like this.
  13. RoadWizard

RoadWizard Loaded Pockets

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

scbubba, swany66675, snowkiwi and 2 others like this.
  14. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sometimes you worry me old bear.

scbubba, swany66675, snowkiwi and 2 others like this.
  15. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

My job is done here then! :)

My 3

I've been and still am, head down and growling at quality manuals, procedures, standards inside at my desk the past few days with our impending annual external audit in a few weeks. I love learning new stuff.....after I've learnt it!!!
    BTW I say: "my desk" because it has my name on it and requires my signature on stuff. But my real and preferred desk is the passenger seat in my car, and bag :)

Lots of power outages downed trees flooding etc here last few days. Weather gone wild. 90,000 lost power at its height we are told. That's a lot in our city for our little country. No majors just inconvenience. We only lost power for a full 3 minutes but dark at 6pm it was enough for this prepared ole bear to spring into action. I had solar rechargeable flood LED. set up and he lights came on with my wife smiling at me in a compassionate way seeing me grinning happily cradling about 12 lights I had previously stashed about the house. " Aww! Poor darling! You didn't even get to use all your little toys! " "I used one" I said. . .... I put them all back again. :(

I get to escape my office-desk to the east cape next week. I don't really have the time or want to be away from family, but clients need me so I be there. And it'll be great to again have a cup of tea with some longtime down to earth non pretentious friendly customers.

When I am in the office, I see google Chrome sitting smiling at me at the bottom of my screen. I like chrome! He's quick, quiet and unpretentious. I know he has "EDCF" on the very LHS of his bookmark bar:).
    No time at present but I know EDCF is always sitting there with a smile for me.

Bonus. I made myself escaped the office for an hour for a late breakfast and a bit of mobile EDC forum fix. Made good use of my minimalist EDC too http://edcforums.com/threads/lets-see-your-minimalist-edc-carry.118828/page-14#post-1961310 .

Back to it. Take care on roads all and have a great rest of week and weekend.

Last edited by snowkiwi, Jun 12, 2014
  16. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

My job is done here then! :)

My 3

Double posts:(
    Double posts:)
    Double posts;)

17. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Sounds like some crazy weather. Glad you weren't hit too badly.

Do you think there is an EDCF wives forum. My wife says the same stuff.

18. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Definitely plausible !! Maybe a secret telepathic wife link - a Force if you will.
    Possibly It's "female ancestral instinct" (sounds like a thing doesn't it!? ) Passed on from the paleo days by the long suffering Mrs Grok :) from her book titled: "Words to use when Grok talks about his multiple redundancy systems of different clubs and torches he has stashed about the cave, just to put him in his place!"

scbubba, swany66675, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  19. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

Good luck Grinch

I always want to see people that take the risk of starting a business succeed. So I'm definitely pulling for you.

scbubba, Grinch and Brtsmpsn like this.
  20. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I had to laugh at myself today when trying to fit into a pair of white overalls. They gave me size 3XL (my usual in say a Tyvek is 2XL ) -I got one leg half in! Not a :censored:show of fitting me. .
    So they found me one with XXXXXXXXL on the label!!- ( thats 8 XLs!! ) I was floored that they even made them that size. But I still could not get my shoulders inside!.
    I danced about and tried best I could to fit while commenting in disbelief that: " this is a 8XL! seriously!" much to the enjoyment of the size zero asian ladies standing by watching and giggling at what must have looked like a giant crazy white man trying to fit into a pillow case. :cry:

Finally they hunted down an old disposable Tyvek XL -which I fit - just.

Then I had to get out and again I had to dance about and try my best to get a shoulder out. Finally I had to rip my way out to escape - again much to the enjoyment of the size zero asian ladies standing by watching and giggling.:(

Im so glad I can bring such merriment to people:rolleyes:

Last edited by snowkiwi, Jun 12, 2014
    scbubba, vegassprky, Brtsmpsn and 4 others like this.