1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official 3 Good Things / Good Vibes thread of 2014!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by cowsmilk, Dec 30, 2013.

1. landwire
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I just found my car insurance bill buried in my work laptop case where a payment was due June 1st. Sweating bullets, I called in. Turns out, I had already paid the bill shortly after getting the notice several weeks ago. Happy dance.

2. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

That's why we have auto pay every month. Matter of fact almost all or bills are auto pay, make life simple.

3. RoadWizard

RoadWizard Loaded Pockets

@snowkiwi, glad to hear your daughter is doing okay, those eye infections can get nasty. FWIW, I sometimes get terrible headaches, rarely migraines, but sometimes pretty bad. My doctor suggested take aspirin and benadryl, said was same mix as migraine meds, but I don't get them enough for him to prescribe the pills for migraines, he doesn't like to prescribe meds unless nothing else will help. Tried it last time, seemed to help.

4. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

Here is a two years old photo of the skiff (or dinghy, perhaps, my naval English isn't all that good). She isn't exactly pretty, so brace yourself for the visual impact:

[​IMG]jolle by thesungame, on Flickr

She is a 14' fibre glass reinforced Askeladden plastic boat made in the late seventies or early eighties. In this photo, she is only equipped with oars, but she is normally fitted with a 5 hp mercury four stroke outboard engine. She isn't much, but more than enough to take 4-6 persons out to the little islets less than one nautical mile from the local harbor.

5. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Skiff, dinghy, boat. Pretty much all the same to me... :)
    She looks about perfect, esp with the 5hp you say you have. Would be perfect for the inland lakes and stuff around me.

6. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

She isn't fast, but she moves. A boat like this would probably be great in smaller inland lakes. I wouldn't trust it in very rough seas, though, and certainly won't stray far from the shore. Many Norwegians go fishing rather far out in boats pretty similar to this, but they are generally newer, more solid and equipped with much more powerful engines (20-50 hp) that could bring them to safety rather quickly if the wind suddenly picked up.

7. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Internet Explorer deciding not to link "reply"s this morning...which is great:rolleyes: so

@Roadwizard. your post above about headache fixes: Im gonna hunt down some antihistamine and try that. We don't have Benadryl here anymore - they only have a Benedryl cough syrup with no antihistamine in it, just pseudoephedrine!. and they give you the third degree when you purchase it OTC, that's if you can find it anymore. But I'll try a hayfeaver antihistamine product. cheers mate

8. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

My 3

1. I had to laugh at myself wryly looking at shiny stuff online. Because it's funny down here in non-USA-land when I search cool things online, on the large South American river namesake site!;). And I get maybe 1000 cool related shiny things show up. Then I hit "global [ South American river] delivery" button and it drops to 3 very uncool unrelated un-shiny things:( . I just slump and cry a tiny bit! But then I brighten a tiny bit as i remind myself: "but we get $5 dominoes pizza here". Soooooo makes up for it. ;)

B. Cool dudes here on EDCF

iii) my daughters eye inflammation has gone and she's happy to go back to school this morning.

Have a good day
    SK:)

Sent via Tapatalk from a nice hobbit hole... Now MY BEAR CAVE !

9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

1. My brother today found out that his wife is having a boy. So far things are looking great, no complications. And best of all his wife agreed to name him after our grandfather.
    2. My father is coming to visit on Friday. It won't be a long visit, less then 24 hours. And I have to work Saturday morning. But we don't get home as often as we should.
    3.My wife's vacation for the end of the month finally got approved so we can proceed with our vacation plans.we are supposed to be driving to Texas for her brothers wedding. I'm not looking forward to 20 plus hours in the car each way, but I really didn't want her to miss his wedding, and I've never been to Texas before.

10. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

[​IMG]

cowsmilk, Muse, sungame and 5 others like this.
  11. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

^^^^^^ :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

something about that above I just found hilarious , with the good mood Im in right now after the PM , just had me absolutely cracking up. :rofl:

12. RoadWizard

After almost 4 months of unemployment, my 3,
    1- I gotta job
    2- I gotta job
    3- I gotta job

Don't start til end of June, government has to verify references, paperwork, etc. but told them to hurry, wife continues to pile up the projects.
    By the way, did I mention, I GOTTA JOB. :D :D :D

cowsmilk, Muse, sungame and 8 others like this.
  13. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

@Roadwizard that's great news about not having to do jobs around the house, no I really mean Great news about getting a job! Congratulations!!

Muse, swany66675, vegassprky and 4 others like this.
  14. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Woo HOO!!!!
    Congrats on the great news, bud!

swany66675, RoadWizard and Brtsmpsn like this.
  15. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Congrats on the job!!!!

16. RoadWizard

Thanks guys, been about a month trying to get this, 3 interviews, working for state, dept of labor. Going to be a veteran's rep, helping veterans find jobs, and going to talk to employers about advantages of hiring vets. Pay isn't great, but not doing it for that, will be working with vets, and for them.

Muse, swany66675, keith1234 and 3 others like this.
  17. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

That sounds awesome, RW!

18. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

After the not so hot start you guys had this year, this is great news. And a commendable job to boot. From reading your posts in the past and your vet background I reckon you're a top pick for job.
    Good one bud. :cool:

Muse, RoadWizard, ran23 and 5 others like this.
  19. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I'm off tomorrow
    I have my sister and her kids visiting for the weekend
    Today turned out to be a decent day at work.

scbubba, Muse, RoadWizard and 4 others like this.
  20. RoadWizard

Thank you. Yes, things are starting to look up. Will be great to work around like minded people, for the most part. Definitely will be a change for me, wardrobe and edc wise. Have to wear dress pants, shirt, and tie, my friends are already waiting to see me in a tie (with camera in hand). Spending most of the weekend learning to tie one of these darn things, would be easier if could wear one made of paracord, I can tie that!

scbubba, Muse, swany66675 and 4 others like this.