1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official 3 Good Things / Good Vibes thread of 2014!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by cowsmilk, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Thanks Snowkiwi.

2. Muse

Muse Loaded Pockets

My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate or struggling with life's trials.
    This week has been much better... It is amazing how different the news can be from week to week.
    - My grandma is doing much better. They reduced the meds so she didn't pass out right after she took them and the recovery process is well underway. (Since the meds were cut and she has been more responsive, the treatment has changed from the caregivers.)
    - My daughter's high school won the state championship last week. She has been close before, but this is the first team win. No all conference or region this year, but she will trade the single awards for the team award.
    (I was asked to cook for the team banquet. 45lbs of brisket and 20lbs of chicken from the smoker.) Now she can start working on the summer travel schedule. :)
    [​IMG]
    - Received an email from my son in Bogota. The life lesson's he is learning are lessons that I didn't pay attention to until I was in my 30's. At this rate he will be teaching me things when he comes home this fall. (I can't wait.)
    His quote to me in his email was, "A good leader rarely gets the credit when things go good, but they always get the blame when they go bad. My head is down and I'm working." (I always told the kids that if things get bad, just put your head down and go to work. Now he is telling me that he is ignoring the problems and working to resolve them.):D

I hope everyone has a great week and a better weekend.

Last edited by Muse, Jun 3, 2014
  3. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

@Muse. Great to hear your grandmas shoulder is recovering on track.
    And it Sounds like you and your wife are teaching and raising good, well rounded young people. :)

Sent via Tapatalk from a nice hobbit hole... Now MY BEAR CAVE !

4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

@brtsmen I'm very sorry to hear about your families loss.

5. RoadWizard

RoadWizard Loaded Pockets

@Brtsmpsn, sorry for your families loss, thoughts and prayers for your family, hoping you have safe travel during this difficult time.

6. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Thanks @kertap75 and @roadwizard

7. RoadWizard

RoadWizard Loaded Pockets

@Muse, good to hear your week is getting better, sounds like you have a couple of really smart, hard working kids.

8. Muse

Muse Loaded Pockets

@RoadWizard @snowkiwi - Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

Let's be realistic about this one. My wife is doing all of the work. I'm just riding her coat tails on this one. I do mop up work and I know my role. ;) (Thank you though.)

9. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Not going to take away from your wife's credit, but you would be shocked to know what they learn from. My daughter does things that emulate me all the time and I am just shocked when it happens. Her mother is the driving force behind her, but apparently she has learned a few things from me.

Muse, swany66675, RoadWizard and 3 others like this.
  10. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I gotta agree with you Muse. The lovely Mrs SK does the lions share of kid raising, though she makes sure I know that Im the head of our family, she is definitely the centre and glue of our household.

Agree 100%. For 6 years I didn't have a dad, I remember life becoming interesting again once my second dad arrived! So I also can't imagine my kids growing up without a dad. Kids need a dad.

Also you say they learn and emulate Bart.

That they do my friend. Like learning about beer:eek::D

[​IMG]
    BTW this old tiny thumbnail is me at 40, my late dad, my boy, and my girl in-training as a future beer drinker :eek:

Edit: For the love of all things decent why did flickr make it so hard now to post an image!? - just took me 10 minutes trawling through posts to discover how to do this again after flickr changed their procedures. Grrrr!
    Found these instructions helpful for flickr posting
    http://edcforums.com/threads/how-to-post-images-from-flickr.77245/page-7#post-1895847 thanks @water-rat, and others

Last edited by snowkiwi, Jun 3, 2014
  11. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

@Brtsmpsn I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your wife's stepfather.

12. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Thanks Keith. My wife is with her mom now and her brother is getting there tomorrow I believe so there will be lots of people around. I am with my parents and daughter and will be joining my wife in a few days.

13. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Have a safe trip and prayers to you and your family.

14. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

1. My girl kid came down with a fat ugly swelling under her eye this morning and I had a blossoming headache so off to Doc for my girl (viral conjunctivitis, 5 other kids had it this morning Doc said)
    now spending a Dad and daughter day watching (snoozing) home renovation shows that only her and I like. House crashers, grand designs, etc.

2. Something about being alive and healthy - not feeling it at present though, so

3. Bed and an ice pack on the forehead is calling to me again.

15. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Hope you guys get to feeling better soon, my friend.

16. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Girl is up and bouncing about. I on the other hand am selecting which of my blades will cleanly remove this offending 12Ib lump of pain on my shoulders.

Funnily enough I find playing with my tools soothing of the pain...not "talking with" my lovely wife about her day, sorry darl.. Just me and my nice quiet tools.

My headache marketing slogan. "When 60mg of codeine phosphate won't do the trick..... Try EDC knives. EDC! Good for what ails ya!! :) "

Owww!

Sent via Tapatalk from a nice hobbit hole... Now MY BEAR CAVE !

17. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Ugh! Sorry to hear this, my friend. Hope you have gotten/are getting some rest.
    Glad the little one is going strong though!

AK Adventurer, snowkiwi, Muse and 3 others like this.
  18. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

My thoughts go out to all of you struggling with illness, accidents and the loss of family members and friends. I am amazed to see how you still find three good things to be happy and thankful for. That is a big inspiration for the rest of us!

My three today:

1. I did something crazy (for me) and signed up for a Granfondo - a big mass road cycling event. I've always loved mountain biking, and I use my bike a lot for transport, but I am not a big fan of road cycling. On the other hand, I love challenging myself and trying new things. This seems like a nice entry-level event for testing myself on the road, so I just went for it. Also, a big chunk of the starting money will go to cancer research. Good for me AND good for others - that's what I call a win/win situation!
    2. Got a commission for a new article today, while still working on two others.
    3. It started raining last night, and still rained this morning. Now, it has finally stopped. That means I might get to scrape and paint the skiff tonight. That's good, since she is scheduled for launch on Saturday.

Last edited by sungame, Jun 4, 2014
    AK Adventurer, snowkiwi, Muse and 8 others like this.
  19. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Hey sungame! Good luck in the Granfondo and congrats on the new article job.
    Hope you get time to paint the skiff. Any pics we can see?

AK Adventurer, snowkiwi, Muse and 4 others like this.
  20. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was out of state during Winter. got back and tried 4Lo, but it would not engage. Have been trying it every couple weeks, and today, 83 outside, and it worked!!!! 2007 4Runner Sport/Hilux Surf V6 4.0L 4x4