1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Official 3 Good Things / Good Vibes thread of 2014!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by cowsmilk, Dec 30, 2013.

1. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Continued from Here

Share with your EDCF Friends and Fam 3 (or more if ya' got 'em) of the good things from your day...

Or...​

If things aren't going your way, then post about that too, and we'll all send good vibes your way!

EDCForums --- Carry On!

Last edited by cowsmilk, Dec 31, 2013
  2. Edward Teach
    • In Omnia Paratus

Edward Teach Loaded Pockets

:dance:Happy New Year Everyone:dance:!!! May 2014 be kinder to you than 2013 was. May all your basic needs be met and may you have an abundance of peace, comfort and happiness my friends:).

3. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

+1000,000, Ditto, Amen, and Woohoo! to that sentiment brother - ..."May 2014 be kinder to you than 2013 was..":)

4. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Welcome to 2014
    I hope you all have a

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

I noticed that SAKp will start a new 2014 3GT thread soon so some may not see this post but It started me thinking where this thread started. I wanted to thank the OP of this thread and hope she doesn't mind me posting this tribute she made of something her late friend said at the very start:
    If you poke your nose in here Mooshi from time to time I wanted to say: You started a wonderful long term feel good thread, - More than 6000 posts from my count is pretty good testament to that.Thank you.

Its 5 hours into 2014 (for me at least, in NZ)
    Take care this year:)
    All the best
    Snowkiwi

5. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I moved a few posts from the 2013 thread as New Years has already happened in a few places already. Enjoy the new year folks!

6. catfishdan
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

First post in the new thread.

1. Did this.
    [​IMG]

2. Built this.
    [​IMG]

3. Saw this.
    [​IMG]
    Another day in paradise.

Happy New Years everyone. To those if you that had a bogus 2013, may the new year bring more happiness. And to those of you that had a great year, may it continue into the future.

7. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Still a few hours away here but we are celebrating!

Happy New Year EDCF!

3 things to bring in 2014
    - New blade to ring in the new year: CRKT Keydashi (from the EDCF Store!)
    - truck bed full of fireworks to light up the sky over the neighborhood
    - Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA for after the fireworks

8. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I already broke my New Year's Resolution.

We promised ourselves that we wouldn't take in any more kids, but did yesterday. He was living in the basement of the same crack house that one of Zach's (our adopted son) older brothers deals out of. Every day when he went to work, his room was broken into and he had some of his stuff stolen. He had trouble sleeping because of dopers coming and going all night and partying.

Yesterday he was robbed at knife point coming out of the bathroom. He was a nervous wreck and shaking. He reminded me of guys I'd see at the vfw who'd just come back from a war zone. He's still sleeping.

That place was so nasty that he had a blanket stapled to the floor because there were mushrooms growing on the carpet. Blue tarped roofs in this climate lead to lots of mold. I told him to leave the blanket.

I've been the only person at a college party who wasn't smoking pot or the only person at a family function who wasn't drunk. I can't imagine being the only person in a crack house who isn't high.

He never knew his dad, and his mom was placed in a mental hospital. They lived in subsidized housing, but when you go to a hospital, nursing home, or rehab for 3 months or longer, your disability stops here. That included her subsidized housing. We didn't know he'd been left homeless. He ate here a couple of times a week when his mom didn't have any food. I didn't notice that he'd quit taking to go plates for her. He's so quiet that no one knew.

So we went to pick him up. His stuff was all in trash bags of course. We ran into Zach's biological father. He was visiting the house and is just a nasty, scary guy. I'm glad we were all together because he might have tried to pull something on this kid. It upset all of us.

So another day, another kid, but we are out of beds now. Anyone else has to use the pull out sofa.

Sent by Owl Post

9. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

You never cease to amaze me, Catherine. It's sad that these situations exist but I thank God that you and others are out there helping in any way you can. I have been guilty myself of not stepping up when I could have/should have because I made the excuse that little ole me couldn't really make a difference.

Thank you for showing us that excuse doesn't cut it....

10. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

1. Since this is three good things, I have to say this is number one. Catherine you are indeed an amazing person.
    2. Spending a quiet New Years at home with the family. Wife and I are about to watch a movie, kid is off doing her thing in her room, the cat is looking at us with her usual "whatever", and the dog is curled up on my hip. Can't think of a better way to end the year.
    3. We are healthy, happy, fed and warm. Life is good.

Happy 2014 everyone. May the new year bring you all the best.

11. Fukurai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Happy new year, may it be healthy, awesome and better than 2013 for all of you and your families.

It's 3 in the morning here now. Does it count as 3 as well?

12. catfishdan
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

CatherineM, you are amazing. Keep on breaking your resolutions. The world will be better for it.

13. Muse

Muse Loaded Pockets

My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate or struggling with life's trials. I also want to wish everyone a happy new year. I hope 2014 is the year that all of your dreams come true. (Or at least get a little closer to becoming reality.)

My 3 for the day:
    - CatherineM did something great to help a young man. No words can describe this act of kindness.
    - My anniversary is tomorrow and we are going back to NorCal for a few days.
    - Hanging out with the family for amateur night. Time to watch a movie and relax until the fireworks go off.

Quote of the day:
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bro-in-law loved his present & even the Tapir at the Belize Zoo wants a Skinth L-shield/Vic Spirit combo.

[​IMG]

Vaca EDC while running out in the dark for pizza on the Placencia peninsula...Only used the light and the cash;)

[​IMG]

Stood on the white sand of the Caribbean Sea today...I was the blue dot;)

[​IMG]

jrandom, RoadWizard, misterS and 10 others like this.
  15. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Maybe it's the aspect ratio of the picture, but brother, it sure looks like you've grown since you've been down there.:D

16. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Maybe it's the glow fob.... or the pale legs giving off an aura tht makes him visible on that map....

17. dawgfan76
    • In Omnia Paratus

dawgfan76 Loaded Pockets

I woke up daily for the last 365 days so there must be something I am destined to accomplish
    I plan to wake up daily for the next 365 days and pray to be able to keep my family safe, fed, housed and healthy
    I look forward to the sharing, good will and learning from my friends here

There are many special people here; however, it seems one family in particular can use some good wishes. Since you shared your most recent situation, I feel compelled to ask a special favor for you.

CatherineM - May He keep you and your family in one hand while He carries so many troubled others in His other

18. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I feel its the exponentially, cumulative affect of all the above and having his good wife and several other SAKp in-law ladies causing massive abdominal, GI expansion feeding him up with good Belize cuisine.:D

19. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah, I didn't want to go there.:D

20. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I can think of no better way to ring in the new year, this read counts as my three things and is a serious confirmation that good and genuine people do exist.

It's a new year my friends, I wish for all of you a happy, healthy, safe and prosperous New year!!, We all have the chance to do it better than we did in 2013 and I hope to take full advantage of that!!

Have a Great Year!!

QuodErat, Xiii, RoadWizard and 10 others like this.