1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Nomad Keychain Phone and Electronics Charger

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Ethos, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

I don't know how many times I'm away from home weather at work or in the car and have needed to charge my phone but I didn't think it was necessary to bring the cord until its too late. Of course every gas station has those cheap USB ports and cables but not only are they usually junk but they are pricey, and who wants to buy a new set every time they need to charge their phone? Wouldn't it be much more convenient to just keep a compact charger with you? I give you...the Nomad Keychain Charger.

[​IMG]

The Nomad is a key size charger that can go on your keychain with all of your other EDC items and it doesn't take up much space or weigh you down, in fact you may forget it's there until you need it. This thing couldn't be more handy for EDC, much less in an emergency. No more long and tangled cords or digging through your bag looking for your cord, or turning back around and going back home to get it. This might also be great to pair with a Flash Drive and put on that hook in your back pack.

It has two ends, USB to Lightning (Apple products) or USB to Mini USB. You can plug iu up to your wall outlet, computer, car, and power pack USB ports and the other end will allow you to charge anything that uses these ports such as phones, iPods, cameras, or whatever. It's also flexible so there is no worry of letting it sit uneven or even hang as long as the phone isn't too heavy, this flexibility will help protect the ports.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty excited about it, it is something I don't feel I wasted any money on and it will surely pay for itself over and over again. I bought mine for $20 through Amazon for the USB to Lightning, the USB to Mini USB is only $15, be sure and get the right one when you order. In the future when I don't know what I'm going to buy someone for a gift, this is one of the first things that will come to mind, and I know it won't go in a drawer or the back of a closet either. Get one, try it out, then tell us what you think about it right here.

Thanks for reading,
    Ethos

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I had one (may have been a different brand) but it lost its ability to connect after about 2 months on my keys. I suppose if it was in a pack it would last but then I would be SOL if I went somewhere without my bag.

Hopefully yours holds up better

3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Ive heard very few complaints. One review on amazon said theirs broke after a lot of use and they replaced it at no charge.

4. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

I've got one but after about a week on my keys the plastic on the standard USB end fell apart so now it's held together with duct tape

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. zestyalpaca

zestyalpaca Loaded Pockets

This would be a great addition to my carry. Any update on how it's holding up on your keys? Durability is my major concern with this thing.