1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The New Preon!

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by EZDog, Jan 10, 2019.

1. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The New Preon showed up Today and seems like it might just deserve its own thread too!

I think this is the first of the new lights from Prometheus since 4Sevens went out of business and Jason took over the 4Sevens lights and names?

It is really nicely made,has a great clip and switch bith of which seem a lot better to me than the 1st gen Preon and the 2nd gen Olight Preon too.

The light has a 219c emitter and a programmable interface which will evidently be the new interface for all of the new lights still wearing the old name which on the box is FOURSEVENS.

They also come with a NiMh battery installed and programmed to group 1 programming which is high/turbo which is supposed to be 60/100 lumens.

Welcome back Preon!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 EZDog, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Looks like a solid flashlight and a step forward from its predecessors.

Would love to carry one but it's definitively to tall for key-chain carry, so my ThruNite Ti3 or Lumintop Worm 4.0 remains. Despite its size I had no luck with tail-cap switches in pant pockets ...

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Nah..no tailstand, no sale.

Kripto likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can't imagine ever wanting to tail stand something with such low battery capacity myself but the momentary switch is just what I really need!
    I also always have a ZL with me which all tail stand just fine.

The switch is also much better for pocket carry than the original was and seems a lot better than the gen2 too though I never tried with the gen2 either.
    This one is both stiff and cleanly recessed,neither of which I would say about the original.

Good thing we have so many choices.

5. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Well, I did - and the Ti3 in the mid mode provides 6+ hours runtime, also it's only 12 lumens or so it was sufficient to lighten up a room of 15 square meters for a few hours.

Tail click for anything tactical for sure - different uses, different flashlights.

Absolutely!

6. Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man Loaded Pockets

I had no idea 4sevens went out of business. A first gen preon 2aa was the first high output LED light I bought.