1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Mystery Ranch Leap

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by shadowolf713, Feb 9, 2015.

1. shadowolf713

shadowolf713 Loaded Pockets

So a small conundrum I ran into with the 3DAP: I purchased a camelbak hydration bladder 100oz. Low profile. So it barely fits in the back hydration pocket. It does not fit in the two sewn on long hydration pockets.
    Let me hear some suggestions of hydration bladders that are made for the 3DAP's bladder pockets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Southpaw likes this.
  2. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

I have a geigerrig 100 oz fits perfectly in one of the side pocket in the main compartment.

shadowolf713 likes this.
  3. shadowolf713

Thanks for the knowledge!

4. shadowolf713

So for those of you who may be following this leap. The next step was taken... I have been on the hunt for a MR Stick-it in Multicam since 2015. And last night I won a bidding war to get one from the bay.
    Now I feel comfortable moving on with my purchase of either a multicam MR ASAP or 3DAP. I'm not sure which I want to purchase just quite yet. I need more time to consider how I'll use the pack. I'm leaning towards getting a 3DAP and then selling my current black 3dap and purchasing a black ASAP.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  5. stinky

stinky Loaded Pockets

the one that went for $97? I was watching that one :) congrats! i'm looking for one myself -- but in black.

shadowolf713 likes this.
  6. shadowolf713

Guilty, I was thinking to myself the entire time: "This is way overpriced, but only if mystery ranch starts to make them again, otherwise it is worth it." I'm just glad that guy decided to sell his 3DAP and stick-it separate. That almost never happens.

stinky likes this.
  7. ddsgn3

ddsgn3 Loaded Pockets

And I'm looking for one in coyote... /sigh. Why MR!? Why did you discontinue such a sought-after product?? :(

billybatson and shadowolf713 like this.
  8. KBKB

KBKB Empty Pockets

FWIW, I've been using a Kifaru Grab-It with my Mystery Ranch 3DAP. I think that the Grab-It provides pretty much the same functionality as the Stick-It.

d4g6k11 and ddsgn3 like this.
  9. stinky

stinky Loaded Pockets

Don't feel so bad... I've paid A LOT more for one. Worth every penny.
    And it's not overpriced if other people are willing to pay the same for it. You were just willing to pay $1 (or $5) more than the last bidder.

shadowolf713 likes this.
  10. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I was looking to get some more information about the Spadelock and couldn't find anything on the Mystery Ranch website about it. Did they discontinue it?

shadowolf713 likes this.
  11. Tenfooterpipi

Tenfooterpipi Loaded Pockets

I haven't checked their website lately, I believe that they may have sold out all their batch and discontinue the line all together. They had some last month, but these were the from their Philippine manufacturing line and maybe the last of them. Personally, having a radio wrap and 5.11 MPC case does the trick for me. But I do see what they were going for. A lot of good accessories that most of us who had the good fortune to acquire these items such as: The Stick-It, Radio Wrap, Spadelock Case, and the optional padded hip belt for the 3DAP have been discontinued. And these were good :censored: items to have, sadly they may have been never been profitable or widely adopted as they would have wanted to and had no choice but to pull the plug on them. I even think their original messenger, the outsider may have been their latest casualty, I been looking forward in getting one, but I haven't seen in their website as well, and I fear the worst of its fate.

But hey, they got some new items on their website. On that note, I should get their belt pockets before they decide to discontinue that too. That Overload needs to get pimped out.

shadowolf713 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  12. shadowolf713

I looked into the grab it. I think you're right as far as suitability for function. But the blind loyalty to MR in me was all sorts of must have a stick-it....Haha ,but if it came down to a deployment, yeah I could make due.

13. shadowolf713

What info were you looking for? The spade lock system still has some products online. The radio wrap is one of those I believe. As well as the laptop sleeve.

14. shadowolf713

It's almost worth sending them am email and asking if anything is on the chopping block.
    Just so you know what is about to become really valuable.

15. Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek Loaded Pockets

Has anyone tried using the USMC Recon ILBE. Pics is appreciated.

16. 8Jean

8Jean Loaded Pockets

You may want to check into the The OP Series MiniNet from Tribe One Outdoors. I used a hacksaw to create a narrow gap in some plastic square rings which slid onto to my 3DAP's MOLLE creating 4 barely noticeable attachment points. Using two plastic snap hooks for the top connections (for easy flip down), I was able to adapt a MiniNet quite nicely to both the MR Overload and the 3DAP. Note: because of the mounting options afforded by the MOLLE, there is no need to use the "PackTach" hardware that comes with the Net, but it's interestingly designed and may be useful for some other application.

shadowolf713 likes this.
  17. Queen of Saigon

Queen of Saigon Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the Mystery ranch 3DAP, one of my fav packs besides my Khard 30. sort of jelly of the helmet carrier that you got since I can't find them at all.

shadowolf713 likes this.
  18. Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek Loaded Pockets

can you post a picture please so I can see this configuration. Thanks

19. 8Jean

8Jean Loaded Pockets

Sorry for the slow reply. I'm traveling, but will post pics when I return home in 5 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. shadowolf713

Thanks. Those beavertails, they are like finding someone else's needle in a haystack. Pretty painful.

Queen of Saigon likes this.