1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Leatherman Molle Sheath

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Stranger, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I first received a Leatherman Molle sheath with my Surge a few years ago. I wore it for a day or two, and I didn't like it, so I used the original cordura sheath instead.

What I didn't like was that when I pulled on the flap, which fastens at the bottom of the sheath, it pulled the bottom of the sheath upward before releasing, as opposed to the regular cordura which fastens at the middle of the sheath and does not pull up on the bottom. Also, the Molle strap does not accomodate regular 1.5" belt carry as well as the cordura sheath. Below is my modification of the sheath to accommodate my belt:
    [​IMG]

The space between the top of the strap and the incision is just over 1.5". Bypassing the upper strip with the belt strap, as Leatherman intends, was unacceptably awkward, hence the modification. Ultimately however, I still wasn't happy with it, since the velcro on the front fastens at the bottom, and pulling on it pulls the bottom upwards.

I've used the original cordura sheath ever since. But now, an XL Skinth may be in my future.