1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Leatherman Leap: the multitool for kids

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by FenixArcher, Jun 5, 2014.

1. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

A multitool recalled for a "cut hazard"????

:censored: :censored:

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk HD

2. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

The value I see in this is the lack of a knife blade. My ten year old daughter could take this to school. She doesn't like not having one at school.

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

She could take a folding Saw to school?

Evidently a Kid can not wear a shirt with a Gun pictured on it in any way and can not make a Gun or Knife wielding Hand Movement at this time but you think carrying a folding saw would be OK?

4. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

The extreme cases you hear in the news are not what happens in every school. Yes, she absolutely could, violates no rule at all.

5. BurningTheDayAway

BurningTheDayAway Loaded Pockets

It's a shame Leatherman discontinued their Knifeless Fuse. I kept one in my backpack in high school and never had to worry.

Montetobuso likes this.
  6. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

I've seen peeps mod LMs to remove any sharps.
    I know the Style PS is supposed to be "TSA safe" (yeah right), because it only contains scissors.

7. BurningTheDayAway

BurningTheDayAway Loaded Pockets

Yeah, there's some pretty creative custom Leatherman's out there. I've been considering bringing my rusty old PST back to life and replacing the knife with some scissors

8. eddie1115

eddie1115 Loaded Pockets

For what it's worth, I've gotten on several planes with the Style PS. I opened all the tools before I sent it through, and TSA just glanced at it and sent me on my way.

9. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

Most of the time that will work, but nothing is TSA safe. Those "officers", who are required to either be high school graduates OR have experience as a security guard, are allowed to decide anything they want, and there is no appeal. If some some semiliterate dropout decides you socks are too dangerous to take on the plane that decision will stand, there is no appeal, and you can wind up in jail for arguing with them about it. There is no such thing as "TSA Safe."

10. eddie1115

eddie1115 Loaded Pockets

Yeah I'm ok with "TSA Probable". No sentimental value for me, and it's not too expensive to replace.

11. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I wish I'd seen this before getting "My first Victorinox" for my fiance's son those are awesome :)

12. Mr. Gadget

Mr. Gadget Loaded Pockets

I carry the style ps to school and haven't had any problems but it may be different in different school districts.

From the pockets of a 17 year old prepper.

13. downtown

downtown Loaded Pockets

My son saw the Leap and is really wanting one. I had no luck finding it anywhere and the only info I got was from this thread that they were recalled. So I called Leather man to ask what's up? The lady I spoke with just said they were "unavailable". She was kinda rude in that she didn't act like she wanted to talk to me. I asked why they were unavailable and she just repeated that they "were unavailable". I have had great customer service with LM over the years but this call kinda ticked me off. Oh well.

14. Tha Baron

Tha Baron Loaded Pockets

That is really cool... I wish they had this when I was younger. I think letting a kid have a leatherman early on in life can help them understand the benefits of having the right tool at the right time. It blows my mind that some people just bum along in life without any inclination to take care of sh_t themselves.

karlito likes this.
  15. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

"Just hire 'The Guy' to do it" :nah_disagree:

FenixArcher likes this.