1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Last of Us Custom Backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mohalixpr, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mohalixpr

mohalixpr Empty Pockets

What would one recon the quality of a pack like this be? I'm super tempted to get it from my fanboyism. Half of me thinks with it being custom and all it could be potentially well constructed but the opposite could be true as well.

Link removed per rule 12

2. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

Meh.

First off, what is custom about it? They made a pack and are offering it for sale. Nothing really custom about that.

Second, if I was looking for a “Post Apocalypse Survival Backpack”, that little bookbag wouldn’t be it.

Two silly marketing gimmicks for a not that remarkable backpack.

I suspect it would be a decent enough pack for the money. But it is nothing that out of the ordinary.

mole likes this.
  3. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

If I survived to see a 'Post Apocalypse' world, I would rather have a Mystery Ranch pack on me than this canvas bag..

bhuber likes this.
  4. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I think some are missing the point. It is called "Post Apocalypse" in a nod to the PS3 video game "The Last of Us." Not because it is meant to be a true stuff-hits-the-fan pack but because it's based on what the character from the video game had in said post-apocalypse setting.

There is nothing about the bag to suggest to me that it is exceptionally well-made, conversely there is nothing that suggests it is poorly made either. From the descriptions it sounds like he thought about how to make it a pretty functional bag and not just a video game replica. The leather strap and buckle system would probably annoy me however.

It looks like a decent value. If I were a fan of The Last of Us I might give it a shot. Put it this way, if you are a fan of the series, like the looks and can afford to put it on a shelf if you decide you hate carrying it, there's no reason why you shouldn't give it a shot. Worse comes to worse it can be an expensive video game memorabilia to your favorite game in recent history.

5. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Add the keywords "Zombie" and "Bacon" and you might be onto something.

6. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Post Apocalypse Zombie Bacon Tactical High-Speed Operator Assault Pack? I'll take five!!!

mole, SAKplumber and ShadowE like this.
  7. NIB

NIB Loaded Pockets

Some of you really missed the point here by a mile. This pack is based off of the the one in the video game "The Last of Us" carried by the character Joel. I don't think this was meant for actual survival but more to satisfy the legions of video game geeks that want a pack similar to that one so they can sport it at Comic-Con filled with Ho-Hos and Monster Drinks.

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I'll have you know I've never sported a pack full of Ho-Hos and Monster Drinks...

9. k5knt

k5knt Empty Pockets

I need to pay more attention to the subject line. I thought it said "The Last of US Customs Backpack". I was wondering why the Customs Service would have a special backpack. :oops: