1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The heart of EDC

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by JonSidneyB, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think if the common "heart of EDC" that all can relate to are the following:

-Multi tool/SAK
    -Blade
    -Flashlight

And maybe a lighter.

Moose likes this.
  2. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

IMO, the Heart of EDC is knowing how to do it. I can get by with a cheap MT and what I find. (I have no idea how many times I have fabricated a tool using my pliers and what was at hand.)

My CORE EDC (Cannot leave the house without) is a multitool and my keyring. What I 99.9995% carry is much more extensive, but there are times when a blade is prohibited and such.

gstojinovic likes this.
  3. andiem

andiem Loaded Pockets

I'd more or less agree with @Southpaw1925 - SAK, flashlight, (automatic) wristwatch, phone... plus a wallet with some cash and cards, keys... and whatever works for you, since it's who will be using your EDC items

---

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Southpaw1925 likes this.
  4. Medic715

Medic715 Loaded Pockets

My carry varies depending on whether or not I'm at work.

But my absolute 100% carry is my wallet, SOG Flash II knife, keys, Leatherman Juice
    S2 (on keys), chapstick, challenge coin, bandana, iPhone 4, watch, paracord bracelet, wedding band, and my St. Florian medal.

5. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

That's a pretty big MT to have on keys.

6. Medic715

Medic715 Loaded Pockets

I need to correct that. It's a Juice S2. I keep my keys clipped to my belt loop using a Nite Ize #3 S Biner. It really doesn't bother me too much and if it does, I just tuck the MT in my back pocket.

7. MickeyD

MickeyD Empty Pockets

8. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

Well... Here goes. Not sure if this what you're looking for exactly.
    I work in the community every day, in the mental health field.
    Everything I wear and use has to be a useful tool.
    So, I tend to buy multiples when I buy clothes, and don't rotate much, after 12 years in the field I guess I know what works for me.
    Shoes are Clarks desert type boots rotated with Merrill's Moab low tops.
    Jeans, Levi's 513. T-shirts are Nike, in light or dark grey.

Left front pocket. I-phone 5s.
    Right front pocket. Knife, folding. Either a Strider, Hinderer, or ZT-566 which has been de-assisted.
    Right rear pocket. Wallet. Right now it's Tommy Hillfiger black leather.
    Left rear pocket. Car/house keys. Nothing special on the key ring except a Hogs Tooth and a cross, and a para-cord short lanyard.
    Right Hip at 4. IWB Galco Summer comfort type holster. FN HP in 9mm or Kimber Pro Raptor in .45.
    Left Hip at 8. OWB spare mag, in a Coaster Flashlight holder. (it fits great and folks think it's a flashlight).

Not quite on me, but I have a trauma kit in the center console of the car. Basically it's an IFAK with a few extra goodies.
    Surefire P6 also in the center console, with Spare batteries. Two other cheap flashlights of unknown origin (Walmart?) in center console. Cheap but bright. Also a Leatherman Wave in the console.

Jackets rotate through a Columbia black weather shield, shell type. A very similar two tone grey one from Avalanche.
    Or a black leather jacket. If it gets really cold here, I have a pea-jacket, which is a Nautica.
    Keys go into a jacket pocket if I'm wearing one.

Sunglasses are Keneth Cole, and look a little like Wafairers. My better half comondeered my Ray Bans :(
    Left wrist gets a watch. Steinhart, Citizen, Seiko, G-shock, or Omega. Rotated but not often.
    Right wrist sometimes gets a titanium ID bracelet, which was a gift. But not often.

Hope this helps...

Lee.