1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The HDS thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SAKplumber, Dec 14, 2014.

1. madlag

madlag Banned

I love my new HDS light:) I'm going to take some time and read through this thread for some useful tidbits.

2. Nicrod

Nicrod Loaded Pockets

Some lights and goodies
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4rmless, AndrwTNT, tfbraden and 3 others like this.
  3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Google "multimeter current measurements" for how-to YouTube videos. On the HDS, you hold the battery on the positive contact pad, use the DMM black lead on the negative battery terminal, and then touch the red lead to the inside threads of the head. This will not pick-up the switch's parasitic drain, but just the drain in the half twist lockout position (which you mentioned still causes significant drain).

However, you mention a ramp up to max with a battery reset though - my late model HDS just shows 1 lumen for 7secs and then shuts off. If yours ramps up to max, you might have to use the 10A current setting, which is not as accurate/granular as the 200mA setting (so as to not blow a fuse in your DMM).

FWIW, my HDS registers 13mA for the 1 lm/7sec batt reset indicator and nothing after that (but my meter only registers as low as 10 microamps, or 0.01mA).

Nekolf, twoisone and Nicrod like this.
  4. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

reppans is correct. I did have issues with my original EDC 120 (archimedes linked to the thread regarding parasitic drain). It was sent for warranty repair, but I had additional problems some time after so it was returned for a second check up. Henry said the second issue was not repairable and sent a newer, replacement EDC 120. I have had zero issues with the replacement light, although I'll admit that it doesn't get used as much as it probably should.

5. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

I figured I'd bump this thread with a pic. Having owned several Clickys over the past five years, I was reluctant to add a pocket clip and used a kydex holster instead. I finally caved. [​IMG]

6. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Nice clip. I've seen pics of a clip with just a lanyard hole and no "arm" and wondered if anyone had ever seen them anywhere?

Nekolf likes this.
  7. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

Lighthound used to sell one for the Novatac which worked on the HDS. I think it was called an Inox Ring or something like that. Unfortunately they're no longer in business, but if you come across a lanyard ring for a Novatac, it should work on an HDS as well.

Nekolf and Bowman1911 like this.
  8. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

There is a very slight difference in diameter between NT and HDS ... I think the NT is larger, though, so it may fit going from NT to HDS.

I had an HDS clip that needed to be enlarged a bit to be used on a NT.

Nekolf, Bowman1911 and twoisone like this.
  9. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks archimedes! They have to be out there somewhere.

Nekolf, archimedes and tfbraden like this.
  10. Steve Simsich

Steve Simsich Loaded Pockets

I've seen these clips used for bezel up carry on the rotary. I want one. Where do I find it?? (the clip)

11. Steve Simsich

Steve Simsich Loaded Pockets

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!