1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The HDS thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by SAKplumber, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

There is a great video on you tube called. "'How to change your HDS bezel" Or something like that..... very informative

2. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

[post deleted]

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

The end.

Donut, Nekolf and AndrwTNT like this.
  4. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

I just asked my 8-year-old, new-3rd grader granddaughter to read our often-quoted Rule 1, and tell me what she thought it meant. Although unfamiliar with bigotry and demean, she had no trouble comprehending the core message.

"Papa, it means you should be nice to people ... not argue with them or call them names."

Surely, we're all smarter than a 3rd-grader.

cowsmilk, Donut, Nekolf and 1 other person like this.
  5. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

In hopes to restore this discussion and diminish any past unsettlements I have removed all prior posts (of my contribution) containing matter related to any feud being interpreted as offensive or a breech on rule. As I disagree with the implication of the debate being handled with less capacity than a 3rd-grader, I fully respect the rules and appreciate the reminders, plumbah and banker.

Apologies for any disruption or offense given on my behalf, It's been a rough week..

:yellowcarded:

6. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Is it normal to have a little side-to-side rock in the rotating switch part of the light? Almost like it is designed that way to take some of the punishment? Mine gets really beat up on my belt.

AndrwTNT and tfbraden like this.
  7. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Henry responded to my email within a few hours and assured me some play is normal.

tfbraden, Nekolf and thePlumbah like this.
  8. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I decided to sell mine (in the BST) Its too smart of a light for me. And too expensive. I liked it alot...most especially with the Forcetech holster. I never did program it:rolleyes: I just need less settings for what I do.

9. AndrwTNT
    • In Omnia Paratus

AndrwTNT EDC Junkie

My light FINALLY arrived today! (again)*

Huge thank you to Nekolf for sending me the holster! It is exactly what I need for work, very much appreciated!

Absolutely love this light...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Unfortunately, I most certainly will not do business with Henry directly from this moment forward. If I make another HDS purchase I will feel more comfortable dealing with a second party dealer. After what I experienced these past few days, I was left with an extremely bad taste in my mount so to speak. If anyone is considering purchasing and would like to know my overall experience for additional insight and consideration on their CS please feel free to PM me as I will not discuss details here in hopes to keep the thread drama free.

10. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

You are very welcome. I'm glad you liked it!;)

tfbraden, thePlumbah and AndrwTNT like this.
  11. Donut
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Donut Loaded Pockets

Some of those 3rd graders are pretty smart. :p

12. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Partially my point.

thePlumbah likes this.
  13. michaelh73

michaelh73 Loaded Pockets

Although I'd have to wait until I get some more money(hopefully by Thanksgiving or Christmas)..

I was thinking about picking up a HDS Rotary 325.

(I already own 2 Rotary 250s..can't seem to find one of them,though-hope I didn't lose it.)

How much of an improvement (brightness-wise) will the Rotary 325 be over my current Rotary 250?

Nekolf likes this.
  14. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Visually, it will be noticeable, but not much.

It generally takes anywhere from ~4x - 10x lumens to appear twice as bright ....

Nekolf, hal_chase, tfbraden and 2 others like this.
  15. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I believe in the square/sq rt laws of light perception, or 4x lumens ~ 2x perceived. In this case 325/250=1.30x lumens, and 1.30^0.5 (sq rt)= 1.14, or ~ 14% perceived increase. IMHO, not worth it if you are just looking for a brightness upgrade.

That said, the XPL die is ~ twice the size of XPG die, so the hot spot will be much larger and the 325 will have a floodier beam. The 325 will have a beam profile similar to an XML in a 1" reflector. I like floody beams and waited until an XML or XPL was offered before getting one. I have many XPGs/N219s in 1" heads and find them too throwy for my tastes. Henry's XPL is also reported to be warmer than the 250 XPGs.

16. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Anybody else notice unusual battery drain? I have an LE 200 clicky and the last couple of cr123 batteries have given me no where near what I think they should. I have been twisting the head a half turn to avoid turning on the light in my belt holder and yet the last battery dropped out of max output with little use.

Nekolf likes this.
  17. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I guess I'm wondering if there is some sorto of parasitic battery drain?

Nekolf likes this.
  18. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Nekolf, twoisone and reppans like this.
  19. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

It's an electronic clicky light, so yes there will be some parasitic battery drain. The drain should be immaterial though, and take months (years?) to deplete a cell. That said, a typical fault with electronic switch lights is accelerated parasitic drain. You should be able to measure it with a decent multimeter though.

BTW, while a half twist does lockout the switch, the head is probably still consuming power - it has unanodized threads and you won't get the battery reset indicator went it's tightened back up.

I think twin63 had an accelerated drain problem. (edit... guess Arch linked his original issue post above :))

Last idea (if accidental activation) is to set it to start on a low preset and enable 10 min shut-off.

20. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

It's the EDC L1Bl 200. I don't believe it is a legacy light. Yes, no battery reset with a half twist and so the levels stay the same. It was cool though how when I put a new battery in the light, it ramped up step-by-step visually to the maximum. I do have a multimeter, but unsure how to use it to test the drain?

Nekolf likes this.