1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The EDC of Guns

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Sachmo, May 31, 2013.

1. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

My all stainless Kimber has been carried everyday for years. It shows no wear, but I could show you the dust bunnies that can accumulate by the hammer. That, and the left side grip panel that's 5 shades darker from being up against my body.

SAKplumber and warchild like this.
  2. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Amen Brother!

amacman likes this.
  3. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

scbubba, MedusaOblongata and Kilted1 like this.
  4. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

My "Good idea" was to the responsibility part of their statement. Anything carried as a weapon that you are not willing to take responsibility for is a bad idea.

scbubba, kertap75 and T.H.Cone like this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Heard. Around the hammer and in the barrel's end:)

I carry anywhere I can, and try not to go anywhere I can't.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  6. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I've learned to use side or back doors at some establishments in Memphis. Why, because they have the front door posted "No Firearms" BUT it has to be at every entrance for it to be criminal to enter armed.

scbubba, CSM-101 and SAKplumber like this.
  7. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Same here. My mall is also posted, but not to the letter of the law, so I may or may not "play dumb."

Doesn't happen too often though, I tend to avoid the mall for the most part. Probably only there half a dozen times a year or less.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

But generally speaking, I vote with my wallet and don't patronize businesses that don't recognize my rights. Sometimes I'll write a letter to the owner if it's a small business. Don't even bother with the chains. I did manage to talk a local coffee shop out of their no guns window sticker though.

scbubba, kertap75 and SAKplumber like this.
  9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Personally, I think every private establishment should have the right to have a no weapon policy...........but in doing so must take full responsibility for the safety of everyone who enters their property.

10. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

I totally respect private property rights, and in Wisconsin, POSTED establishments waive immunity to lawsuits stemming from disarming their customers/clients. Basically, if i disarm to go into a posted business and end up getting shot in the leg during a robbery, i can file suit against the business. UNposted places are immune from such suits.

11. Gretsch308

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

The only time I do not have mine on me is in the shower. It is a Glock so technically I could carry it in there! Took about 3+ months to get my permit. Legally the state has to issue or deny within 30 days but they a very back logged at the moment.

SAKplumber likes this.
  12. Gretsch308

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

NH Non-res just got increased to $100.... Live free or die LOL

13. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

True. The church I grew up in had no such policy. The membership grew and regulars and many staff, including the pastor, new I carried. This was the case for years.
    One day there was a no weapons/guns sticker on the front door. Not the side doors, near the nursery and children building.

No other protection, whatsoever. I quit going there. Been a member there most of my life. From 5 yrs old.

I saw my pastor at a party recently. He made point to try to talk to me. I could tell he wanted me and the fam back. We didn't get to speak, but if he had said "come back", I would've explained that I have a family to protect and that sticker limited my legal right for doing so. Makes a good man a criminal.
    I did see a Policeman there, in the parking lot, on his phone(typing) , when I had to meet a member and pick something up. I pulled up to the front door and stayed in the car.

I currently go to a church with no sticker, but a heavy uniformed and plain clothed Police staff with an Active Shooter Protocol. I have the right to carry, and am not restricted, but don't need to. :)

scbubba and Knightrock like this.
  14. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Im just waiting on my permit.Once i get it i will be carrying whenever i can.My father has his permit and he always has his gun on him except when he is sleeping.Id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

SAKplumber likes this.
  15. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I go where I want to. If they have a sign posted and if I'm carrying, I leave it in a lockbox in the car. That's the law, and I follow the law. If they post incorrectly, then that's their problem. The law is specific on what they have to do to negate my rights. They need to follow it too. I carry concealed so nobody is going to know about it anyway.

scbubba and SAKplumber like this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

And its nobodies business because you are a law abiding citizen.

17. bnoland

bnoland Loaded Pockets

I edc a firearm and have since about 2005.

SAKplumber likes this.
  18. Schapendoes

Schapendoes Loaded Pockets

I got my permit earlier this year and I carry pretty much anywhere it is legal.

19. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I carry whether a business has a no firearms policy or not. They can ask me to leave, but the fact is they'll never know I have a weapon concealed. Now, in Oklahoma, certain places are prohibited by law and I abide by that law. Government buildings and schools are prohibited. The mall, while they post know firearms, I choose to ignore.

20. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

In my home state, a sign with appropriate wording OR a "gunbuster" sign carries the weight of law, so I won't carry into a properly posted establishment. A sign that simply says "No weapons" does not comply with the law, so if I am carrying I will walk past those signs. They can ask me to leave, and I have to comply or I can be arrested for criminal trespass. But again, they'll never know.

Well behaved gun owners is how gun rights get expanded. Poly behaved gun owners is how gun rights get taken away.