1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The 'Chinese Curse" And EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by jerit, Apr 2, 2020.

1. jerit

jerit Loaded Pockets

An old Chinese curse state, "May you always live in interesting times."

CV-19 has certainly made living today interesting.

What changes have you made in your EDC to meet the challenges of todays "interesting times".

I'm going to add a bandanna.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I've added a small bag with disposable gloves and a mask. Also a package of those SONO wipes that are supposed to kill viruses. Not sure on how well they work but I've got them. Other than that I am doing the whole "shelter in place" thing and only going out when I have to.

jag-engr and PragmaticMurphyist like this.
  3. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

In the UK, most of us are staying home to give the National Health Service time to catch up.
    Mostly, as I'm not going anywhere, no extra EDC needed. I did start carrying antiseptic wipes for grocery shopping, but today the supermarket staff were wiping the shopping cart handles for each customer. We queued around the parking lot at 2 metre intervals and entered the store in limited numbers.
    Masks might well be in order at some point, to protect others, if we cough or sneeze. Problem is, masks aren't available to purchase.Virtually every country in the world has a serious shortage (manufacturing mainly outsourced to China). They are also one shot, i.e.wear once and dispose of safely.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have just taken the "C" out.
    Not going anywhere pretty much.

I did venture out Today to get keys to a building where I need to do some work tomorrow while no one else is there and I have to admit I have forgotten a little already just how annoying it is to drive around here without dying at the hands of those of us who must think no one else is driving next to them?!

I can't tell if it is worse now or in a few weeks I just forgot how it is?

5. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Monday will be my first day back to work in 6 weeks (I've been recovering from surgery). I work in a medical office building and have to pass the walk-in clinic to get to my office. I've decided not to carry my primary EDC bag. I will have what I absolutely need on person and have subbed another bag (an inexpensive Finnish Gas Mask bag) that I'll leave in the car with gear that is disposable, or easily cleaned, in the event that I need to carry the bag in. I have a well-stocked bag and vehicle kit that stay in the car, so I'm not without - I just won't have my usual EDC in my office.

I'm primarily doing this because of my mother. She just turned 82 and lives with me. I want to limit, as much as possible, the risk of bringing anything potentially contaminated home.

GRH likes this.
  6. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

No real changes for me, other than upping the daily rations a bit. I am still able to work for the most part as I currently have no interaction with others. I arrive at the empty office early on Monday and pick up my instruments and calibration supplies. I monitor stream sites over an area in NW Texas with low population density. Normally, I would send samples for chemical analysis to our lab, but it is shuttered for the moment, so I just collect field parameters. I can calibrate and post calibrate the instruments from home and upload my data as well. An external diesel tank on my truck lets me fill up about once a week, so even gas station traffic is limited. It is nice to get out as the weather is improving.

To keep it topical, I use a Kelty Redwing44 for my field instruments and samples, a 511 RUSH delivery Mike for my forms, phones and GPS, and a Vanquest Trident 20 for lunch, drinks, flashlights, knives, bandaids, meds, bandana, etc.

captainkirk

ran23, Moshe ben David, jerit and 2 others like this.
  7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Mask not the Girl!

Couldn't find the page with her for sale?

[​IMG]

popedandy, Moshe ben David and twin63 like this.
  8. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

A small bottle of purell and a mask is all I've added,

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

9. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Added a surgical mask to my "bandana with a pair of Nitril gloves" setup (left front jeans pocket).
    Has come handy when I forgot to bring my cotton community mask for a quick grocery shopping stop.

Side note: The bandana (which acts as a "carry-container" for the mask and gloves) could be used to cover my mount/nose as well, but is much more of a hassle to "install" and "remove" - and it's primary reasons to be carried is make-shift first aid or the multiple other use-cases of bandanas, if there is an urgent need.

Even before Co-19 i carried some disinfect wipes in my bag/backpack - so no change required here.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  10. MORT

MORT Loaded Pockets

Due to the insanity that I see all around me, virus related or not, something that I rarely carried has been added to my EDC, a gun!