1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The cheap gear thread

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by CG92, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Often times if the items are imports from certain places, by certain 'chains', the problem is that the importer is constantly re-sourcing from various contract manufacturers 'over there'. Whilst this helps them constantly drive costs, it does open things to variance in materials and methods. I don't in the least blame the contract manufacturers. They're doing their job -- meeting a moving price target and winning business. The issue is with the importer and the merchandiser who don't stick to a stated specification.. again just to drive cost down.

Talk to anyone who makes yearly buying trips 'out there' to the annual trade shows to sign up sources for the new 'season'!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

garza likes this.
  2. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I once saw a hydroflask bottle at a thrift shop. A customer grabbed it off the shelf right before I could. Shortly latter I found a S'well bottle at another shop for $2. While it only holds 17oz, I'd still rather have something cold to drink versus nothing at all on a hot summer day. Some shops have a "high end" section to where you need to go to search for the good stuff.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Check out the 'Thrifting Thread' in the 'Breakroom' section on here....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Fishin Fool likes this.