1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The Beauty and Simplicity of Glock

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Wishoot, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

I carried a G19 the entire time I worked plain clothes. It's a superb handgun. The 19 fits my hand like a glove. I just recently upgraded to a generation 4 model for off-duty carry. For patrol duty, I've since switched to a G21, which is just as reliable as the 19, but in .45 ACP.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rfpd29, Civilian, Wishoot and 6 others like this.
  2. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

I might actually take you up on that the next time I'm in Fayetville, Jacksonville, Kingston or Greenville. Stay tuned as my job brings me there a few times a year.

3. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Puinsai I'm on the other end of NC, a little over an hour past Charlotte, but the offer always stands bro!

Wishoot, Cobra 6 Actual and Puinsai like this.
  4. Puinsai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Puinsai Loaded Pockets

I fly in and out of Charlotte all the time. That works...

5. LongarmoftheLaw

LongarmoftheLaw Loaded Pockets

Someone beat me to the butt ugly comment lol

I fully acknowledge the excellence of Glock, but I find them very hideous and so would never own one. Perhaps someday I'll borrow one from a friend and shoot it just to see how it is.

CSM-101, Cobra 6 Actual and Wishoot like this.
  6. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

That suppressed Glock looks wicked cool.

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree they don't have the classic lines and good looks of a 1911 or Browning Hi Power, but from my limited experience, what they do, they do VERY well. There's beauty in a simple machine that excells at what it's supposed to do.

I plan on putting another 250 rounds through my Glock 19 tomorrow. If it passes that final test, I'll be wearing it on my hip quite frequently.

Last edited by Wishoot, Sep 10, 2015
  8. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Wishoot Thanks! They're actually both host guns for the same can. Glocks ain't pretty in the general idea of beauty, but they make up for aesthetics in reliability, and customization. Glocks are the cheapest way to get into suppressors by far! And technically speaking, even cheaper now, than when I got into it. Say $500 for the pistol, $350ish with a blue label discount. I paid $120 a piece for my barrels. Now, you can get LWD threaded barrels for right at $100. $200 for the stamp. I paid $35 for my trust. These run from what I paid, up to around $300. Then the price of the suppressor, which varies greatly. One day, I'm gonna build a hog hunting Glock. Gen 3 model 20 in 10mm, with an Osprey slabsided can.

9. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

CrOwb4r... don't know how deep of concealment you are planning, but the Recluse TS Cargo holster is working out... got it yesterday, and so far works well for my lightweight nylon shorts... the slit allows purchase of the pistol grip as the side of the holster moves outward, the oversize paddle keeps the holster in place, and the outer side block the pistol's outline....it sits tall, but fits to the top of my cargo pocket... the G42 is much more accurate than other .380 pistols I've owned...pic also posted in what's in the mail

[​IMG]

10. LongarmoftheLaw

LongarmoftheLaw Loaded Pockets

There is a certain kind of beauty in efficiency and reliability, but frankly the glock hurts my eyeballs with its uglyness - speaking only of aesthetics and nothing else.

Funny story, when I did a ride along with a US police officer friend of mine, he gave me a compact Glock 9mm to carry lol I felt very confident with it on my hip, actually. It is a very simple, reliable, easy to operate pistol.

11. Cr0wb4r

Cr0wb4r Loaded Pockets

Good to know. I was thinking for front pocket for dress pants, or using a belly band. I will have to look into the Recluse and see how much they run.

12. Cr0wb4r

Cr0wb4r Loaded Pockets

This made me laugh out loud.

But yeah, there is something to be said for a gun that does what it is supposed to, and that alone makes glock attractive to me.

13. jmbriggs

jmbriggs Loaded Pockets

I love my 29. Not a day goes past that it is not on my belt or in my pocket. That said it is not a beautiful gun by a long shot.

14. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Agreed. We switched to glocks 15 years ago and they are a great handgun. Manufacture is very precise. Our firearms guys while testing stripped 20, dropped the pieces in a box and then randomly put the 20 back together and all fit fine actions smooth there was no issue with mismatched parts. Our special weapons sniper showed the accuracy of the firearm, hitting a bin kid at 100 metres with the entire clip. As a police issue weapon I'm very happy. It also helps our previous firearms were 30 year old S&W 5 shot revolvers

15. RabbiVJ

RabbiVJ Loaded Pockets

ive owned several glocks, 19, 23 gen 3 and gen 4, 26, 30 sf, 30, 30s, 42 and 43...love em all...tho i may look to a full size soon...been thinking 10mm.

16. Ben Rubinstein

My cousin carries one and a friend just picked one up. They do seem to be a no brainer solution. Thing is though, Glock Austria have been boycotting the country for years now, all imports have to come via Glock US and as such are around 200% of the price you pay there. Hamas of course is fully supplied with Glocks, you see them in use whenever they are summarily executing their own people. Not sure I want to support Glock as a result should I get my license.

That and I really want a S&W 627 PC 4" :D

Last edited by Ben Rubinstein, Sep 11, 2015
  17. m-forgery

m-forgery Loaded Pockets

I have run the gamut from 1911s to Sig, HK and Glock and always return to the basic Glock. Out of the box reliable.

18. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

I would probably own at least a 19 and a 21. :frantic:

But, the most dangerous stuff we are allowed out of Austria are Mozartkugeln and Stroh Rum. :confused:

19. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Yep, we did something similar and I got to buy that ol' S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece revolver ... Still have it and shoot it.

Cheeser, Wishoot and Antithetik like this.
  20. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Durng the warmer months I use a belly band for either my Glock 26 or the 42 ... Both conceal well.

Wishoot and Antithetik like this.