1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

The B Word..........Blackhawk

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Roguetrooper, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

Hi All, Blackhawk is a brand that doesn't seem to get a lot of airplay on this forum, I'm conscious that some of their designs may not always be considered........original! However, I've owned a few of their packs over the years and have always found them to be well-constructed.

I've recently found myself gravitating towards the 'cleaner' type of ruck a la Goruck, but as a UK resident, for me the cost of getting a Goruck here would be prohibitive. So I've been looking at other packs that have similar aesthetics and have come across the Blackhawk Block Go Bag...

I've just pulled the trigger on this pack and it will hopefully arrive shortly.

There is almost nothing in the way of reviews/info on this pack out there, so while I wait for it to arrive, I was wondering if anyone with experience of this pack could chime in and tell me whether I've made a good purchase or not:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I like that interior, and how "flat" it appears to be, but it definitely won't stand up on its own :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

I initially thought that the interior was lined with velcro and that was the attachment method for the mesh pouches, but was pleasantly surprised to find a photo on a japanese website showing that, rather than velcro, it's actually lined with MOLLE

4. graveyard

graveyard Loaded Pockets

5. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I am still impressed with first generation Blackhawk three day packs. Had this one made in 1996 when they were in Virginia. Special forest green (go anywhere, anyplace color). Still use it everyday, it's been my dive bag, EOD bag, travel bag deployment bag, covert walk around bag, my "rock or something" bag, pillow, padded seat for aluminum floors, teddy bear, it's done a good job for me. I don't have anything "new" from blackhawk. I will say this about customer service. I had a small ankle pouch that I carried either first aid, handcuffs, small pocket pistol, chest seal, or a combination of these things for over 18 years almost every day. The velcro was nearly shot and it had a couple of gaping holes in the backside where it chaffed against my ankle. I sent them an email and sent it back to have the velcro replaced. No kidding, within a week I had a brand new one in the exact same design. The only difference was the logo sewn on was the new one, not the original logo. They even sent me back my old one. In short I guess I have never had to buy another blackhawk three day.

MCPOWoller, graveyard and bigfoot like this.
  6. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

The original bag looks like a medic bag? I just got a Tactical Tailor M5 bag super cheap off of ebay... haven't used it yet, but it is great for a plain, square-ish shaped bag. There is (removable) foam all around the outer perimeter so it holds its shape.

I think BLACKHAWK! used to be a premier builder, but ended up having problems with scalability. I think they produce some things in Hondouras now? Don't quote me on that.

:bounce::bounce:MRE heaters?

7. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

That thing looks pretty sweet!

8. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

A very cool bag, but a little pricey

9. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I've heard nothing but good things about their garment bag, and I used to have one of their covert carry messenger bags, which I liked alright.

They have a couple bags I might like to try.

10. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I have the garment bag that I have used to travel extensively over the globe. Top notch kit

11. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I have tons of Blackhawk gear from packs, to pouches and wallets. Never an issue with any of it. Most of it was issued to me from the Navy, but the originol 3-day assault I bought on my own. I used that thing since 1998 and my oldest son used it as a school backpack his freshman year in high school. Only thing wrong with it is frayed seam on left shoulder strap.

The OP's bag looks like one of their medical bags. Can't go wrong with Blackhawk.

12. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

Second that on the garment bag. I also have one and have used it globally. I don't use it as much now for air travel as I have other solutions for dealing with dress clothes but when the occasion calls for a garment bag, I'm glad it's there.

13. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

I love it! Any recommendations for a laptop sleeve with molle on the back that can be attached to it? I have a 13" rMBP.

I've looked around a little but everything i find seems to be kind of cheap looking. Wouldn't mind one from a good brand company. There's a hazard 4 sleeve i like but no functional molle on it.